Chassis ATM UPGRADE SUCCESS NSW 20.6 EXPANDA

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Looking at my J J Outback PTop I would think that the front A section where it meets the chassis is the weakest spot ,small welds each side.plus chassis is sucked in where bent.However in all my travels I have not heard of a problem with Jayco chassis failing with the JTech suspension.Might not be the best for adjustment however the old adage of KISS still applies. I think I would be more worried if I was towing it with a Triton ute. I know what would bend first.!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I did notice when the J Tech came out that it had a sub frame type set up and a couple of the others have the similar set up, the stress such a suspension would put on the chassis would certainly require a sub frame I reckon but is the extra weight of benefit ....my Knee suspension is lighter, independant and does give a smooth ride as things left on table etc stayed in place....or maybe I'm just a damn good steerer.
I have looked at many van chassis and am amazed at how a couple of welds and a gusset holds the A frame on and the stuff people add to them.

Pottsie

Aug 13, 2016
Culburra Beach
Thanks MDS69. I got a break early when I was put onto Finke Engineering who knew the process and guided me through it. As mentioned earlier it wasn't a cheap undertaking and one I am sure to avoid next time as a result of the experience..

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thanks MDS69. I got a break early when I was put onto Finke Engineering who knew the process and guided me through it. As mentioned earlier it wasn't a cheap undertaking and one I am sure to avoid next time as a result of the experience..
Not too many other options with a Jayco unfortunately. If Jayco are anything, they are consistant in their refusal to entertain any requests to do with weight