Armour All on Vinyl

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The front lower quarter off the beast is vinyl, it was meant to be chequer plate but they screwed up
Anyway as the van in the sun alot weather it home or away, just wondering people's thoughts on using Armour All or similar on the vinyl section to help maintain it as the cover spends more time off than on.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Armour All or similar,i have found goes white when wet and doesn't last long, I actually have been using floor polish with great results, Big Mal has padded vinyl on the front in a checka plate style and I hate it, I have found using this stuff from Bunnings or Woollies is great, nice shine and rain and road grime doesn't affect it, will last a couple of washes......I put it in a spray bottle and give it a good covering and when dry buff it up...........way better than other stuff and inexpensive.
1514242799748.png

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Armour All or similar,i have found goes white when wet and doesn't last long, I actually have been using floor polish with great results, Big Mal has padded vinyl on the front in a checka plate style and I hate it, I have found using this stuff from Bunnings or Woollies is great, nice shine and rain and road grime doesn't affect it, will last a couple of washes......I put it in a spray bottle and give it a good covering and when dry buff it up...........way better than other stuff and inexpensive.
View attachment 58903
Thanks @Drover, I knew forum brains trust could come up with an alternative.
Do you mix it or just apply it straight.

And while I'm here, what polishes are people using for the aluminium cladding?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just pour it straight into a spray bottle..................I polish the rest of the van with either Turtle Wax or Amour All Wax in the black bottle, same as I use on the Ute, seems to do a good job and lasts well, Big Mal sits in the open so cops the weather but gets a regular tubs and polish when the water doesn't bead, may soon get a shade sail roof if things go to plan, don't like covers as I don't care for the temps generated inside, Mal has the vents and windows open most of the time and doesn't get hotter than outside temps......

Reactions: Bushman

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Strange saw some in ours yesterday, label did seem a little bit different, may have changed ???? but yellow bottle and red lid hasn't, also find it does a brilliant job on the van floor, very hardy.................

Reactions: Bushman