Toy Hauler Anti-flap kit storage in Basestation?

Bretto

Jun 18, 2015
Gracemere, QLD
www.myswag.org
Hey Guys,

We got the anti-flag kit with our Basestation. The spreaders were just laying in the back of the van when we picked it up. Wont be able to just lay them on the floor when the bike is in the back so just wondering what others have done to secure the spreaders. Thinking about a capped PVC pipe but not sure where to mount it yet.

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hey @Bretto
We have a similar storage bag to the one shown HERE (Looked for the actual link of ours but couldn't find it).
Rolls up and slides in our front tunnel no probs!

Reactions: Bretto

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Brett just pick up a canvas pole bag from any camp shop. Also consider the wide blade Velcro anti flap setup like supercheap sell. I have reverted back to using them a lot again. Whilst the proper AFK is excellent it's a lot of work for an overnight stay and also a pain to disassemble at 2am in the morning when the gale is blowing and you fear the whole lot is going to go!

image.jpeg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Agree.

We have both types and even bought the larger clip on ones for the same reason. They go on for short stays in light winds but can handle some stronger winds. Just easier, quicker and don't have to dig around to get the bars etc out.

The real AFK we always use when setting up for longer stays. They travel in a roll up bag supplied when we got them ...and in the rear storage. They would fit in a 150m pole tube as well.

I suspect the fold up ladder would also fit in the larger pole carrier. If not, then fishing rods, or even tent poles, would.

eBay or Camec have bags for AFK but any decent carry bag would work if they don't rub against each other.

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
I was faced with the same problem. Could not put the anti-flap kit poles in the front boot due to the hot water service being located on the drivers side of the caravan. In some ways a bit of a pain but have worked around it now. Anyway, I have 3 tubes. As I could only fit in 90mm ones, it means I have 2 that house a pole each from the anti-flap kit and the other I put he arched poles that go in the middle of the awning roof. Also gives me plenty of room to slip in a fishing rod or 2 as well.
image.jpeg

daznmel

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,
I have done the same. 2 x 90mm PVC pipe fitted under the van. One forward of the wheels and one rear of the wheels. That way I have the right one for the front and back at the right end of the awning. I then can place the whole AFK complete into the pole holder.. Make life easy.

Cheers

Daz

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ours sits in front boot, along with all the other c???p We carry.

Seriously thinking of putting hooks into tunnel boot and suspending the larger items such as AFK and ladder but not sure if I should drill into it.

Must check and investigate carefully...don't want to waste time and effort for little gain.

Reactions: bigcol