Another New Expanda Owner - Well it's on order!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hi all.

Placed a deposit with Bayswater Jayco mid-June for a 17.56-2 Expanda.

Options:
Gas bayonet (front)
Drop down Jacks
Roll out awning
Annex walls
150 ltr fridge
Heron aircon
Black privacy screens
100 amp battery

Ordered with Splash Taupe / Orion Fleck fabric, Rare Earth laminex & Oxyd Beige Tile floor.

Currently have Jayco Eagle Camper (New since '08). Got a great trade-in / change over price. No doubt get more privately but this way we keep it until we receive the Expanda. On the wet bedding thing (NOT THE BED WETTING THING!), we have always used good quality sleeping bags and have never had any problems - they roll / fold up out of the way and can even be zipped together to become a double (so to speak). We soaked our Eagle's Canvass early to seal it up and the stitching has never leaked. If you leave anything lying against canvass it will get wet!

If you think the weather might rain hard by day whilst out, is it a big deal to fold the beds up to the travelling position? This would keep things dry.

We will tow with a 3.4 petrol prado which averages 14/100k with or without the Eagle on the hook. I am guessing this will go to 17ish/100k with the expanda but the car is year 2000 which we have had since 2007(got it for $20,000 with 75,000k) Now done 140,000 and I know it's mechanicals are good. Worth about $10,000 now & to replace it will cost $40,000 min so we will just put up with the fuel bill for now. Very stiff rear set up but I'm guessing we will need a WDH. Would love to replace it with a new Prado GXL Manual Diesel or Pajero Manual diesel - one thing at a time!

Wife and particularly me can't wait - teenage boy and girl indifferent but what would you expect!

Due late Nov/early Dec!!!!!

Lots of good help/advice here on the site - nice one.

Cheers!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
What a great into! Welcome aboard.

I recon your Prado would be a very comfy tow rig, similar economy to my diesel Patrol. Another 17 footer, you guys are taking over the RV world!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Bank of Dad, welcome. That is some name, maybe you could reply to the thread asking where your username comes from. It sound like a great van ypu have chosen. Good luck impressing the teenagers. :flypig:

Fair-Dinkum

Jun 29, 2011
New Beith, Qld
Welcome Bank of Dad. We are off to pick up our 17.56-2 OB this weekend and we have chosen fairly similar extras to you. We will try and post lots of pics.