Adelaide
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
After some careful measurements before buying, today was the time to test my theory that my oldish ( benefit therefore being relatively small) jetski would fit in the back of the Basestation.

Whilst not the only reason for choosing the Basestation, it's success would open up more options to us and probably means more weekends use.

The photos say it all - it does fit albeit with little room to spare. Will now work on tweaking the tie down options and should be able to adjust the skis sitting on its trailer to give a few more mm of clearance.

Other than issues with the brakes / ESC today, happy person!

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Looks great! Your son looks like he is so happy to take the jetski. I hadn't considered a Basestation but they certainly look versatile. How many seater is the jetski?

Reactions: bigcol

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Hi,
The ski is classed as a 2 person, but you wouldn't want to fit 2 large adults....1 adult and 1 child is ideal or at least try to keep total weight below around 120-140kg. By comparison, some of the current models look massive.

Reactions: FiveInAVan

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
lucky you live in SA, only one setup like this allowed in each state!!
Very nice mate, you have more room around yours than mine! Are you going to mount a winch in there too?
Read your original post several times when deciding on which expanda to buy. Now that I know it definitely fits, now considering winch etc. Not going to rush, but want an easier way to drag it into the camper. Also buying better quality tie downs to ensure it doesn't move in transit. Can't buy a bigger ski but with a new camper can't afford a new ski anyway!

Reactions: bigcol and Base23

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Most of the ATV winches are powerful enough and if you mount it under the bed its hidden when all set up. just need a couple of pulleys to sort out the cable runs.
this is the winch I got in mine (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ATV-Trai...ctric-Winch-/161830301239?hash=item25add66e37)
I try to park the basestation down hill and level out to make it easier to load in, being an outback with simplicity suspension my ramp gradient can be very steep.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Trial run today using the new winch and pulley wheel to get the jetski in and back out of the Basestation.
The remote control was great by allowing me to steer the trailer from behind as it was pulled up the ramp.
Happy with the outcome so next stage is to build the cabinet to store the battery. Similar style of cabinet will then be built on the other side to relocate the house battery from the factory location under the front seat to the rear to help with the heavy towball weight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 485

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Trial run today using the new winch and pulley wheel to get the jetski in and back out of the Basestation.
The remote control was great by allowing me to steer the trailer from behind as it was pulled up the ramp.
Happy with the outcome so next stage is to build the cabinet to store the battery. Similar style of cabinet will then be built on the other side to relocate the house battery from the factory location under the front seat to the rear to help with the heavy towball weight.
Awesome,that's the same place I put mine, I got lazy with power supply and just wired the winch to an Anderson plug on the outside, then it's just a lead from that to the car, it's pretty easy and seems to work ok. My only concern with my whole setup is the safety side of things if something lets go. Maybe a couple of seatbelt type setups that will grab it if it lets go quickly, maybe some old WAH lanyards.
Well Done!