Another 17.56-2 Owner

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
Hi everyone,

We picked up our new 17.56-2 from Brisbane Camperland on Saturday. It had been waiting for us since end of April, but we were waiting on Nissan to deliver our new Navara STX.

This should be our first weekend away, heading to Fingal over the Tweed.

It seems the 17.56-2 is very popular around here and we find its design is perfect for our young family with us two and two young children, and room to grow!

Will pop some photos up on the weekend.

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
Us too. Early September we have been told. We are off on a trip around Australia with our 6 & 8 year old at the end of the year. Hope it is big enough.....would love to see photos also....we are hanging out.

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
Pics from our Fingal Weekend

A beautiful weekend away, and the expanda was equiped ready to go. We are smiling from ear to ear with our purchase.

fingaltrip_1.jpgfingaltrip_3.jpgfingaltrip_2.jpgfingaltrip_4.jpgfingaltrip_5.jpg

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
That looks fantastic, I'm jealous as well not only of the van but the BabyQ!! Good to see they tuck the gas bayonet out of the way.
Did they fit Firestone tyres to your van? I noticed the new vans in the yard fitted with them, good to see they are using a well known brand (not that I've heard anthing wrong with the old tyres)?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
One happy looking family and rightly so!!!!

Even the dog has a big grin :)

Nice pics, love the van and its resting place.....

Fiingal seems like a nice spot to have not got over there yet but stayed at the other one Boyd's bay over xmas.

Enjoy the new rig!!!!

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
The van looks great, we are also planning to get a weber baby Q to complete ours :) can I ask what model weber you have there and are you happy with it?

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
The tyres are not Firestone, they were GT Radial A/T Savero and they do look like a solid tyre with decent pattern. Quite happy there.

The Nissan Navara tows with no problems, I guess the STX with slightly higher power helps. Always going to be slower up some hills. We are still running in the car (first 1600km), so stuck with as close to 80km/h speed and had a fuel consumption of 12.2L/100km. Around town it is 10.6L/100km without the van. Will see how it goes when sitting closer to 100km/hr.

Having the ute tray makes it easy to pop the Baby Weber into that rather than the caravan when we are travel. The bayonet gas fitting makes it an easy setup, and I would recommend getting the hard cooktop to use for cooking breakfasts likes eggs etc. We have the foldup stand which is great.

Thanks for the messages everyone,