14' Series Annexes

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Do you mean canvas or vinyl or brand such as Tebbs or Alpine?
Personally I like canvas and have had Tebbs previously and recently purchased one from Alpine Canvas. The only reason I went with Alpine this time is that they came out to my house where as with Tebbs you have to take van to them. For me being self employed, time is money and I didn't have the time.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We previously had a vinyl annex and didn't like it due to it keeping the heat and cold in and also heavier than the newer canvas ones.
We went for the Australiawide one for the same reason as @macca and got a good price as we ordered a week before the Perth Caravan and Camping show!

jmjones

Jun 17, 2013
Sorry yes i meant between canvas and vinyl. We were at a show and of course both types are the best according to what type you are talking to. I am a little concerned about weight, plus possibly having to pack wet/damp as some caravan Parks require early exits.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
We made our own Anex and saved a fortune. We constructed our's out of 90% shade cloth and the reason we chose to use this was to let the heat out and stop the wind.
As for rain it's also good because the rain tends to run down the shade cloth and if it buckets down you do get a bit of mist coming through but it doesn't really rain that much here in WA so it's not a biggie.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Sorry yes i meant between canvas and vinyl. We were at a show and of course both types are the best according to what type you are talking to. I am a little concerned about weight, plus possibly having to pack wet/damp as some caravan Parks require early exits.
Forgot to mention @jmjones ... Vinyl is easier to wipe clean and dry prior to packing up. Canvas needs to be hung out to dry when you get home!