Annexe costs

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
:help: Can any of our well informed and knowledgable people :clap2: advise me on annexe costs? I was at the Gold Coast caravan show yesterday and have decided to get an annexe for our van. We also want the 'porch' extending out the front of the annexe. We have decided we want canvas rather than vinyl and got a quote from "Australiwide Annexes" who will come to me, measure and come back and fit an annexe for $2650 and as a show special they will throw in the porch for free (usually $350).

Now I know a number of members have bought a Prestige from Melbourne who quote on their website $1750 up to 15' but they do not ship, it is pick up only and a trip to Melbourne is not on the cards at the moment. :nono:

Others have purchased from Coffs Harbour (Coolabah Campers) but they are not answering their phone on Saturday morning so I can't get a quote. Can anyone provide an approximate cost for their annexe from them, preferably in canvas and using the aluminium anti flap system?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
For $2650 fitted and a free porch sounds like a decent deal...

Even at $1750 you have to hope you get the measurements right and are able to fit it well for it to all join etc correctly.

IMO for another 1k for fitting and porch I would be going with that.

Nothing worse than a misaligned annex from bad measurements / fitting :)!!!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah I looked at Kakadu at the Penrith show last year, set up on a 16ft expanda. It was Vinyl and had angled walls for a bit of extra space, $2600 comes to mind but can't remember if that included tha add a room and porch. As mentioned they also do canvas and fit on site.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks guys. Yes, Kakadu were at the show and I checked with them. According to their rep, they make in vinyl for a number of reasons and their web site lists these reasons. Their price was around the $2600 as well without the porch.

We decided to go with the Australiawide setup so I'll keep you posted.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks, bbm, but Melbourne is a bit far. No matter where you live the specials always seem to be somewhere else. :mmph:

We bit the bullet and they came out yesterday to measure up. Apparently it will be about 3 weeks then they will again come out and fit it.

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
We went with the Captain Cook model from Australiawide, also with the free porch from the Gold Coast show a couple of years ago.
Got the bronze vinyl windows. Peter was great with coming to measure and fit. Included curved rafter, good awning end rafters, poles and pegs and ropes. Good product and very happy, even if a bit heavier than a standard annexe.
Geoff