Starcraft Andrew's 20.62-3 Starcraft Outback

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Very jealous. :(

Notice you have updated to the Milenco mirrors. How do you rate them compared to your previous?

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Milencos are fabulous. Was sceptical at first but have been wrapped with them. Found they attach best to the bottom of the mirror as the plastic moulding inside the (Jeep) mirror is stronger. I got sick of cleaning my doors with the strap on mirrors to ensure the paint didn't mark. Takes 30 seconds a side to fit. No adjustment required once you've done it the first time.

Reactions: Flossymk1

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Pre flight checks revealed a flat tyre on the Starcraft. Better here than on the road. The culprit - a large sharp stone deeply embedded between the tread. Off to be repaired tomorrow so we can leave early for the upcoming long weekend. Glad I checked!
Edit. Yes I blacken my tyres!
image.jpg

Last edited:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Also dropped the shank one notch. I just felt it was a tad high. A shortish trip coming up will give me a feel for the stability.
image.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Big rock. Deeply embedded. Unpluggable I was told. (Hmmmm). Anyway. New tyre $170. Spare goes on the van to keep treads all the same.
image.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Yes. I agree much better to find out now. When I looked closer the belt had started to rust too.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Also dropped the shank one notch. I just felt it was a tad high. A shortish trip coming up will give me a feel for the stability.
View attachment 32718
What a difference a small adjustment makes. This change has made a noticeable difference in the handling of the van. Those with Quadralift Jeeps know they drop to 'aero mode' when you hit 90km/h or put it into sport mode. For this reason I was happy it was a little high at rest in normal mode. However the change was well worth it. A reminder to not be afraid to try something new.
Tyres remained on 44psi.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
My parents have a JGC but not the ql suspension and another small mod that made a big difference was to have a new hole drilled in the Hayman hitch to move it as close as possible to the back of the car.

Their van is a 20.62.2 so very similar size/weight to yours, just no bunks.

Reactions: twscoot

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Just having a whinge!
Another #%%}]\?!! flat tyre. Rear right again. Not about to head off anywhere but a glance at the weekend revealed number two flat on the same tyre in two months. The car had one in between. So that's three after none in probably 20 years.
Whinge over. :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just having a whinge!
Another #%%}]\?!! flat tyre. Rear right again. Not about to head off anywhere but a glance at the weekend revealed number two flat on the same tyre in two months. The car had one in between. So that's three after none in probably 20 years.
Bad new travels in 3's so your good for another 20 years

Reactions: GregW

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Just having a whinge!
With odds like that I would be buying a lotto ticket :becky:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Check your rim! Mine had a hair line crack and was going flat, noticed it just before trip before last. Changed to spare and got the rim replaced by Jayco. Seems like they had a batch of faulty ones as reported in other threads on this forum.
Cheers

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Check your rim! Mine had a hair line crack and was going flat, noticed it just before trip before last. Changed to spare and got the rim replaced by Jayco. Seems like they had a batch of faulty ones as reported in other threads on this forum.
Cheers
Thanks. Been fine for two years. It was a nail this time. Bugger.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Been wanting to divide the van with a lightweight curtain. Primarily to keep the aircond' breeze away from one of the beds (she doesn't like it!) and add a separate change area (teenage kids).

Found this 130cm expandable shower rail and single 140cm wide x 170cm drop curtain at Spotlight today.

All for less than $40 and installed in 5 minutes.

Easily removed and could even be located further down the van to divide the table area from the kids and the ensuite some more.

Very happy! Sharing the idea.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg