Starcraft And another Starcraft 17.58-3

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Hi @greynt and @megcam - I have similar questions to @JS4910 about the NT Pajero and 17.58-3 combo - as I'm on the hunt for both (upgrading from our 14.44-4 and an Outlander) so have been scouring the forums for advice and getting plenty :)
We've got a list of extras we're proposing to add to the van from new (going to the show on Thursday) but I'm concerned they'll push us over 2500kgs and trigger the reduced towball capacity on the Paj (180kg).
Would be really interested in the numbers on your vans.
Cheers

G'day @AndyD
The weights on our van are -
Ball - empty - 109kg, max - 156kg
Tare - 1957kg
ATM - 2432kg

I have a large toolbox on the front of the van, which I would suspect fully loaded would add about 70kg to the towball weight.
We had most of the standard options, bigger fridge, roof air, 2 x 150w solar panels, 2 x 100a/h batteries, extended drawbar, 16" wheels, spare wheel on the rear bumper, bike rack.
I can only assume the low ball weight is due to the extended drawbar, spare on the back and the batteries being mounted under the lower bunk behind the wheels.

Hope this helps
Anymore questions let me know.
Cheers
greynt

AndyD

Feb 25, 2014
Croydon Hills
Thanks @greynt - really useful info that brings us another step closer to the 17.58 brigade.

Any regrets about the extended drawbar clearance wise? It seems to be the only drawback I can identify.
Cheers
Andrew

megcam

Here are the numbers they drew out of a hat for mine. Interesting variances to @greynt given I have:
Bigger fridge, roof air, 1 x 120w solar, 1 x 100ah battery, standard drawbar, 15" wheels, spare & bike rack on the back. Max ball is about right when fully packed and on the cheapy towball scale.

starcraft.JPG

Reactions: davemc

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
image.jpeg
Just to throw another at you , this is ours.

128 ball
2032 tare
2557 atm

Reactions: davemc

AndyD

Feb 25, 2014
Croydon Hills
Hi @Pauly

Having combed the wisdom on these forums, I think we ticked the most frequently recommended options. We got the OB in fibregass with:
ESC
Extended drawbar
Bike rack
Trifold table,
164L fridge & Truma Roof A/c
2nd battery and 2x150W solar panels
Drifter Panel
External shower
Radio / Aerial / TV combo (show bonus pack)

Empty wallet .. but a great big smile.

AndyD

Feb 25, 2014
Croydon Hills
Thanks @Pauly - that was the idea.
Speaking of lists - have just had to start another one after reading through your thread (Pauly & Corrins 17.58.3 OB) - some great ideas ripe for stealing!

Reactions: Pauly

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi @Pauly

Having combed the wisdom on these forums, I think we ticked the most frequently recommended options. We got the OB in fibregass with:
ESC
Extended drawbar
Bike rack
Trifold table,
164L fridge & Truma Roof A/c
2nd battery and 2x150W solar panels
Drifter Panel
External shower
Radio / Aerial / TV combo (show bonus pack)

Empty wallet .. but a great big smile.

Well done @AndyD great choice . Are they doing the trifold again now? @17triton couldn't get it.

AndyD

Feb 25, 2014
Croydon Hills
Thanks @achjimmy, the salesman asked about the trifold and it's not an option just like @17triton found - but the dealer said of course it can be done and so it's on the sheet. (Same goes for extra payload.) Whether they're actually on the van of course, remains to be seen eh?

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @achjimmy, the salesman asked about the trifold and it's not an option just like @17triton found - but the dealer said of course it can be done and so it's on the sheet. (Same goes for extra payload.) Whether they're actually on the van of course, remains to be seen eh?

Best thing to do with the extra payload is make the order conditional on it. That way the dealer will ensure it happens. We got 600kg

Reactions: dagree and 17triton

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
I requested extra payload during the order, and it was delivered with the standard payload. I refused to take delivery, and within 10 minutes I had a copy of an email from the factory, saying that the ordered plate is in the post!

Within 2 days I had the new plate in my hand and on the van :amen:

Stay strong!

megcam

Another mod completed. Found we don't use the microwave much and with a trip planned to the Kimberley next year thought we could better utilise the space. So, out with the old:
1-DSCN4785.JPG

In with the new:
1-DSC_0451.JPG 2-DSC_0452.JPG 3-DSC_0453.JPG

Absolute PITA to make and while they look pretty good in the pictures they are best described as sturdy. Didn't bother trying to arrange drawer fronts from Jayco and went with some Bunnings melamine. Everything is removable so when we sell the van the new owners can decide whether they want to put the microwave back or not.