@ all "Eastcoasters", where are you? (Port Douglas > Sydney)

Hi,
we are almost done with our big lap, all that is missing now is the beautiful Eastcoast.
So far we had an absolutely awesome time and troubles we had in the beginning are forgotten.
Maybe YOU can help us having a ball on the east coast too, bringing this trip to an end traveling all the way from Cairns to Sydney.

What we are hoping to find on the Eastcoast:
• inspiring (traveling) families with kids
• some local fishing spots
• a horse farm or any other place with horses
• secret spots that only locals (not wikicamps) know
• boat ride to finally experience the sea ON the water rather than looking at it.

That what describes us best, and if anything of that is appealing to you, let us know ;-)
• we are a family of 5 with 3 lovely kids (b5/g7/b10)
• we love fishing - at least the "boys"
• we love horses - at least the "girls"
• we love our expanda
• we are "world schooling" our kids
• we love meeting other people
• we love spending time with families
• we love meeting people rather than tick off any must-sees from the list

Cheers mates & enjoy!

welcome-to-queensland.jpg

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Good to hear your experiences have improved. When you get back close to Sydney there is a property about 1.5 hours north of Sydney on the Putty Rd called Chapman Valley. They have bush camping sites with access to showers and flushing toilets but they are big on horse riding. Google is your friend.

Reactions: Jack Lucy & Josh

rags

I would suggest that Fraser Island is definitely put on your plans.

If you are looking at visiting Brisbane CBD and surrounds, then I can offer a spot for your family and van on our secret riverside property located 17 km north of city (or a 26 minute train trip to city) or if you prefer staying in our separate visitors cottage.

Other destinations I can suggest include in Queensland
Some great spots but some of our favourites
Woodgate Beach near Bundaberg
The beaches near Fraser Island including Inskip Point, Rainbow Beach, Teewah beach drive to Noosa
The beaches from Noosa to Mooloolaba
Sunshine Coast hinterland
Stradbroke Island

NSW
Evans Head
Clarence Valley ( River) area west of Grafton
Coffs Harbour to Armidale region
South West Rocks, Cresent Head and Point Plomer Rd regions
Barrington Tops
Blue Mountains including Kanangra Walls definitely

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
If going near Rollingstone under the freeway bridge is a great swiming spot easy parking on little side road the old road through the creek bet thats not on wiki camps very safe sit still in there little fish will come and investigate you while in Qld up north go to fish and chip shop eat some Spannish Mackerel mmmmmmmmm
Some servos and food shops also sell crab sandwiches more good tucker mmmmmmmmmm

I would suggest that Fraser Island is definitely put on your plans.

If you are looking at visiting Brisbane CBD and surrounds, then I can offer a spot for your family and van on our secret riverside property located 17 km north of city (or a 26 minute train trip to city) or if you prefer staying in our separate visitors cottage.

Other destinations I can suggest include in Queensland
Some great spots but some of our favourites
Woodgate Beach near Bundaberg
The beaches near Fraser Island including Inskip Point, Rainbow Beach, Teewah beach drive to Noosa
The beaches from Noosa to Mooloolaba
Sunshine Coast hinterland
Stradbroke Island

NSW
Evans Head
Clarence Valley ( River) area west of Grafton
Coffs Harbour to Armidale region
South West Rocks, Cresent Head and Point Plomer Rd regions
Barrington Tops
Blue Mountains including Kanangra Walls definitely
Thanks a lot for your kind offer! We’ll definitely take it into consideration as there is nothing more interesting than meeting locals, isn’t it @Bluey ;-)

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
How to get on a whitesunday island when you are on a very tight budget?
Bye Townsville, heading towards Mackay with a stopover near Airlie Beach.
You could swim but its a long way mite have to just look at prices when you get there but once on the island its the same as the mainland realy
I thought dingo beach near there was a nice quite place compaired to Airlie but theres a great swiming pool its huge behind the shops its free kids will love it so will you everything in Airlie is a bit pricy but the pool is the best

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I stay away from the coast as its too expensive but if you want to check out Fraser Island, while I wouldn't advise taking your van, especially as its your home, I would suggest camping at Innskip Point and going to Fraser for a day trip on a Sunday as the return Barge trip is only $80 for single vehicle or you could go on one of the organised tours .... Innskip is opposite Fraser island and where the barge leaves from Rainbow Beach is the town nearby...... and while its my backyard I'll be away..... No off grid camping in the area and 2 van parks at rainbow and 1 at Tin Can Bay.
https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/inskip-peninsula/camping.html