Aldi specials

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah we all get carried away, its the way things happen but this thread is an active thread so don't want to clog it up with wanderings...............

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Nah we all get carried away, its the way things happen but this thread is an active thread so don't want to clog it up with wanderings...............

Yes @Drover , sorry, I too, just carry on with the subject. No wonder some posts are hard to find. I will come back to @1DayIll under an old thread "TV reception - a rehash" with a few ideas on my own which have worked for me in outback places. Probably tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1DayIll

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
I purchased an Aldi Caravan cover and whilst cheap it did not last too long. The edge of the Awning Roller (front) put a hole in the cover after the first strong wind. That said, I purchased a size 16-18 foot cover and my van is a 16 footer, this difference provided too much 'spare' cover to blow around (even when tied down). I may try the 14-16 foot cover this time, assuming I get there early enough before the covers are sold out!

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have in mind the 24"TV to replace my smaller one, the step would be welcome also and the pair of level ramps, would like another screen but I think the TV will claim the budget, be in Toowoomba so with 3 shops there I might just be able to claim a TV.............

The awning tensioners,(Anti Flappers) are a very good price at $25 a 4 pack for the small jobs or 2 big ones.

Had a set of the roof rails for many years and they do a good job.....

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Bunnings have the similar step, same price but with glow in the dark strips

Ive never had much success with Aldi. Most of what they sell is low end Ebay style junk. I did consider that 12v bug zapper on your advice, but historically i feel i live to regret it. Hows your going??

@Crusty181 and @Drover, I bought two of the rechargeable bug zappers from Aldi. They work really well with 3 different light settings as well at the insect zapper part. Sure gets a lot of the smaller bugs flying around at night. Very easy to recharge too via USB port. Powered by 3.7 volt lithium battery and lasts a fair while too. You need a 12 volt outlet for the plug with the USB ports in it. 12 volt plug with multi port USB sockets very cheap on Ebay.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
We got a few of the collapsible containers should pack away better than the ones we have that fill one of her cupbords under the pantry and the 7 litre collapsible container for washing dishes outside we do that sometimes .
They didnt have the toilet chemical this time was going to bye more its cheap there and 4 litre

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I didn't buy anything, didn't even have a look, knew my $$$ wouldn't stretch.........and it would be too tempting. This thinking things out before shopping is a bad habit.

Reactions: Bluey

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
I did purchase a end privacy screen for $30; was going to get a 15Amp/10 AMP adapter but non left when I went to store. Hav enot yet opened the privacy screen but can return it under warranty if no good.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ive had a look at them before and they seem pretty good quality, I know their annex mats are great value and last well, mine are many years old and get used a lot.

Reactions: Boots in Action

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I recon I might grab that battery the last one was way too heave I have a spare dc/dc charger and heaps of plugs and stuff would make a good fridge battery pack, that fridge looks the goods also but don’t need another the fire pit might be okay will have to have a look, solar panels priced well also

who the hell posted this rubbish anyway you should know I have no money

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well February 10th 2024, the Caravan and Car stuff is on sale again ... the usual array of screens, covers, steps, and most of it is pretty good gear I have found, the hoses are very good along with the screens .............. some are tagged delayed so would pay to check stock online first. https://www.aldi.com.au/special-buys/special-buys-sat-10-february/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Special Buys Sat 2024&utm_cid=DM475058&utm_hid=@x3Xkpi3vMPuiI+WcaLGChA6J8KtgwYEDigQQLPJOm3U=&utm_label=Special Buys Sat (LIVE)&utm_ssdate=2024-02-06T12:56:18+01:00&cid=DM475058&bid=1369102119#c819053

Reactions: MDS69