Aldi caravan cover again or upgrade to something like Adco

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Hello,

We have a Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3 OB and have had it for 1 year. We purchased an Aldi caravan cover (18-20ft) and we need to replace it as it is starting to rip.

I put the cover on myself which is usually not too hard.

It's a shame I couldnt have picked another one up during the year for $49 when the older stock goes on sale.

I am just after some advice on should I buy another Aldi cover, which may last a year or bit more or should I spend more and get an Adco cover (for example).

We park the caravan on the road so and sometimes under trees.

Looks like the Adco cover can be bought for $318

Thanks for the feedback

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have heard good things about the Aldi covers lasting a few years, where did yours rip ?? caught on a roof bit or something rot it ????

I don't use a cover and mine sits outside all the time, it gets hot enough inside up around 35 deg at times but my mates under cover will hit 50 deg so I just keep Big Mal washed and polished........door open with screen door closed, vents and a window open mostly during the day.

Lensim

Nov 24, 2017
Coffs Harbour
We just picked up an Aldi cover over the weekend from the sale they had. I was looking at more expensive covers originally but i thought for the price i will give the Aldi one a go! Still waiting for the van to be delivered in early march so will have to wait and see how the good/bad the cover is.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
We had an adco cover and was happy with it. Still looked good after two years. Might be worth paying a little more for one or you can try your luck again with a cheaper cover. I think in general aldi products are actually quite good for the price but I have not seen there covers.

Tripper

May 13, 2017
Moranbah
We had a Adco cover on our Swan for two years, after which the sun had done it's work (got to love Central Queensland) and you could see through the cover and any movement it would rip. They did however replace it under warrantee. Just depends what the current cost is of the Aldi cover.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I have the Aldi cover that my Mother-in-law bought me and it is quite thin and tears on any sharp edges your van may have. i am guessing that to some extent this would be the same with all covers.
One thing that does not help me is that I have an Aussie Traveler awning that is much wider than the other awnings available. Also the cover is not really good over the handles that hold bed ends as they are quite wide.
Just put it back on though as it helps protect the van from the sun!

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Thanks for all the feedback.

I ended up buying another Aldi cover for $100.

The Adco I was looking for was about $320 and I may consider it in the future. I suppose the Adco has to last at least 3 years to break even on a new Aldi cover every year.

If I see any left over Aldi covers in our size (18-20ft) for $50 I will buy another one and keep it in the garage.

I will try and be a little more careful now with the corners and pulling it in strong wind to minimize the change of any rips.

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Our Aldi cover didn’t last 12 months before tearing and becoming weak.

We bought ad Adco for the expanda. The difference in quality is quite a bit. 12 months on and the adco shows no sign of wear.

I usually find Aldi gear pretty good. But I won’t rush to buy another cover

Reactions: Drover and 1DayIll