16' Series Advice - Water Tank

Kimmyb

Aug 23, 2011
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Hello, looking for some advice here. I am just wondering if anybody knows if you can install an additional water tank after the van has been built? We have an 16-49-1 08 Outback, which we purchased second hand and would like to put another water tank on it, but after having a quick read on the forums I'm unsure if it can be done or not!!! Your advice would be greatly.

Also wondering if anybody has had any nightmare stories about putting a 2nd gas bottle on their Drawbar, my husband is wondering whether nor to tackle it himself or just pay somebody to do it (mind you he's a Fitter so he works with metal all the time!).

Kind Regards,

KimmyB :high5:

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Hello Kimmyb

The only reason I can see why you couldn't put another tank under the van is , the extra weight it will add to the van & tow vehicle.
I have read on other Forums of people doing this.
As for the gas bottle, I installed another bottle to the front of our van without much trouble. Remember that there could be wiring in the frame work.
Also be aware of the brake line that runs along the "A" Frame.

Simon

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
When we ordered ours, we were repeatedly told it isn't possible to fit a second tank later - the floor joists need to be spaced differently to fit it in.
Eventually we asked the obvious - why can't a smaller tank tank be installed?
Sheepish reply - oh yeah, you can still do that if you really want to.

So yes, additional tanks can be installed later, but size and type to be checked according to where you want to put them. As mentioned above, the consideration is the extra weight.

Andrew

Reactions: Kimmyb

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I saw a post somewhere on this site that contained pics of an extra water tank that was added. Cant find it again though.