Just Browsing Advice on new 18, 20 or 21 foot model

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Hi @PeterE
We went through the same decision process only a few weeks ago.
Myself, wife and two young boys all wanted our own sleeping arrangements plus my wife wanted more storage.
I wanted a quick set up but was concerned about towing something so big and high!

We brought the 20.63-1 outback with slide out lounge area and last week towed it 200k to the Sunshine Coast.
The overall length inc tow bar etc is 8.1m and almost every site can accommodate this size easily. The Alko-ESC made towing a dream and easy.
View attachment 23697
This was a small site which we fitted perfectly
I know I'm bias but this was the best purchase we have ever made. The whole family loves it. Free camping has never been so easy.
I hope I didn't ramble to much and wish you all the best with your decisions
I noticed your stickers are slightly different to ours on the outside. I'm getting the picnic table added which is going to slightly cover the E on the expanda wording... I suppose they won't fix this sticker we will just have an xpanda ? lol

PeterE

Jul 9, 2014
Melbourne
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have had a look at all three models over the last few days. The 18 foot model is really appealing due to its smaller more compact size, and the 21 foot is fantastic inside with the full bathroom and slide out. The 21 foot is a no-brainer provided that I can convince myself that I won’t have any problems carting it around and fitting it into smaller caravan parks campgrounds. I think I have ruled out the 20 foot, as I would prefer the foldout beds at both ends as it gives us additional flexibility

Reactions: Tayla and Patons

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have had a look at all three models over the last few days. The 18 foot model is really appealing due to its smaller more compact size, and the 21 foot is fantastic inside with the full bathroom and slide out. The 21 foot is a no-brainer provided that I can convince myself that I won’t have any problems carting it around and fitting it into smaller caravan parks campgrounds. I think I have ruled out the 20 foot, as I would prefer the foldout beds at both ends as it gives us additional flexibility
Hubby really liked the 21 as well... But I didn't want to spend an extra $4k ish just for an extra bed that we really don't need hence getting the 20. But it is a great floor plan plenty of room! :)

Reactions: skippy and brotys

PeterE

Jul 9, 2014
Melbourne
Thank you all for the advice.

We have ordered a 21.64-1 OB.

I've been told its a "Green Run" which means we have some time to make further changes if need be.

So far the extras we have locked in are:

Rear dinette/bunks configuration - the second table provided more flexibility than the fixed bunks
Reading light for both bunks - 12v and 240v power for each bunk
Two battery provision
Drifter control panel
Premium fusion stereo package
Windup TV antenna
Washing machine
External shower
External picnic table
Third water tank
Extended A-frame
TV bracket (I’ll get the TV later)
ALKO electronic stability control - Free this month
New bed end covers - Free this month
External light above external shower
Ibis air conditioner
RM4605 185 litre fridge
Microwave moved located under cooktop instead of next to door

Thinking about extra solar panel?

Things I would like to add later?

Some way of mounting my towbar mounted Thule bike carrier
Inverter
Jerry can holders
Someway of getting better internet reception in remote areas (have to do more research on that one). Antenna, Satellite dish - not sure.

I'm sure I'll think of plenty more...........

Delivery is hopefully October and I cant wait.