Swan Accessories/extras for Swan...what do you recommend?

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Hi all,

So we've decided after much looking at caravans and talking to fellow campers that we aren't going to buy a caravan, but a pop up camper. We feel this will suit our needs and be the most financially sensible way to go considering that we can only get away 4-5times a year for a max of 5 days at a time.

Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on local classifieds and we want to get a Swan that is about 2-5 years old. I know that we don't want a bag awning, but what else do you think is absolutely necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Noodles

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Bag awnings over the bed ends - expect most if not all would have them. Keeps the rain off the canvas, not to mention bird droppings!
Battery and solar if going bush. Anderson plugs and upgraded fridge wiring.
Extra water tank depending on your type of camping.
Most things can be added but if you get them within the purchase price, then probably cheaper.
No matter what you get included, we will encourage you to add more stuff and spend cash and hours on improving it!

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
There are a few good ones around.

I'd opt also for an offside awning...or get one. It makes a huge difference to the fridge and to the protection from rain and takes no time to put up.

As said, external shower would be good but you'd need hot water system. Our Swan didn't have that but we made do with a gas stove, large pot and a bucket with a marine 12v pump. Worked wonderfully and, with a shower tent and a portable loo, we were fine.

Till we got wimpy....but the above works fine and is cheaper and easy to use.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
with the bag awnings, I lifted the sail track that they slide into, and put straps underneath then put them back

the ones that they fit factory degrade with time and the plastic buckles snap
similar to these
strap.jpg

I brought some like these from A1 Auto's and used them
2 for each end and 3 for both sides

straps.jpg

you could tie them up a lot tighter and securer than the original ones
no movement = happy driving

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Hi all, we are currently negotiating a good price from Gold Coast Jayco and Camper land. We want a HWS, external shower, extended drawbar, Treg hitch, control system, extra gas and water tank, roof racks and 2x bike racks.

Are we better off getting any of these after we buy the camper to get a better price?

Also, I've heard it's necessary to have a fridge fan to increase its efficiency. Again, do we need to get this fitted in the factory or can we just buy an after market one?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
everything but the fridge fan would be better done at manufacture

that way your Tare would be more accurate

fridge fan is not a biggy - its easy to do -

Reactions: dagree