A kimberly trip

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:fear:Well with 12 sleeps to go b4 we set off on our journey we thought we would pack both cruiser and van with everything we would be taking then go down the road and weigh our set up , if you want to scare yourself then do it. I think i need another axle but ill settle for trimming a bit , most of the weight is fuel / water / beer .....

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:rockon:I got it weighed at our local landscape yard which has a public weigh bridge , the cruiser came in at 3298kg and the van at 2387kg just as well ive replaced the origional spring pack with a 10 leaf pack / new pedders shocks

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
van 001.jpgvan 002.jpg:wave:
Well its finally here 1 and 1/2 sleeps til were off and if i get time ill give a running commentry

Ozwitch

May 15, 2012
Melbourne
YAY just read on the Kimberley w/site that single axle off road caravans are now allowed right into the Bungle Bungles ...getting excited now...:thumb:

That is a real game-changer for us. They must have done something with the road. I've seen plenty of dead camper trailers there before whilst driving in! Thanks muchly for that tip, makes a big difference if you can get your off road trailer in there.

The Bungles are the best place to visit up there bar none. Wish I was there now. We only got as far as Alice this time round because of time, and spent it on the Flinders Ranges instead. Can't wait to get the trailer up there next year though! Good luck and happy driving to you!