14' Series 5 Days to go!

Robbo1979

Jun 19, 2016
Wagga
Hi all, we put a deposit down on a 14.44-4OB about six weeks ago with Albury Jayco and we are booked in for pick up this Friday. Found this site a few weeks ago and have been happily consuming the great info on offer ( has been great for a daily Expanda fix while I wait).

We are a Family of 4 and have been Camper Trailering for many years (Savannah Way, Fraser Island, Stockton and as many weekends around the South Coast of NSW as work will allow). The Caravan upgrade has always been the plan though wasn't supposed to happen for a few more years, but we figured kids are only young once and this way we would find the short trips away a bit easyer ( and more frequent ).

Anyway thanks for reading and I'll post up some pics next weekend and again thanks to Expandasdownunder for keeping me going over the last couple of weeks.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Congratulations @Robbo1979
You are absolutely right - your kids are only young once. They will thank you for it. We've had a van for almost 10 years and never looked back - my 15 year old daughter still loves it!
Photos please or you never got it!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @Robbo1979 and congrats on the purchase. Plenty of info on here to keep you occupied for a long time and a few members just love giving you ideas to spend $'s ;)

Looking forward to the pics when you pic her up!

Reactions: Delano

Robbo1979

Jun 19, 2016
Wagga
image.jpeg
:)It's here!!!

Extras I had add,

-Roof mounted aircon
-extra battery
-extra solar
-extra gas
-jerry holder
-hot water service and external shower
-Drifter control panel
Side table

Future considerations,

- Annex
-Heater ( diesel)
-extra 12v
-generator and box ( don't know were ill have space for this)

My wife and kids are heading off to QLD for the school holidays so I'll spend that time fitting the extra 12v plugs and planning the first weekend away for when they return.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well done @Robbo1979, the new toy looks great. It's a shame you couldn't join the wife and kids for a trip to Qld but I'm sure they will look forward to the first weekend trip. Welcome to the forum too.

Robbo1979

Jun 19, 2016
Wagga
image.jpeg

Camp out with the kids on Saturday night. Cold night got down to -1.
Which leads into a question for the brains trust, the aircon (Truma) seemed to struggle to the point I turned it off and got a bar heater from inside. Is this normal?

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
There is anecdotal evidence of the A/C units not heating when the ambient temp is below 4 degrees

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Woo hoo congratulations what a nice looking van. Bet the kids were excited to have their first sleep out in the new van. We are considering an oil heater like above as our friends had one in their camper and swear by it. Didn't use our aircon heater on our 2degree night but it worked nicely the following night when temp had jumped back up again to 13 degrees overnight. We took a little fan heater which worked well too but I didn't use it overnight as didn't feel it was safe to leave on.

Reactions: bigcol