Toy Hauler 23.73-6 OB Basestation on Order...

Bretto

Jun 18, 2015
Gracemere, QLD
www.myswag.org
Hey Guys,

We have 23.73-6 OB on order from Warburton Caravans in Bundaberg. They have been awesome to deal with, as the whole deal has been done over the phone and via email. I'm told it's due to come off the line on the 14th September.

Below is our extra's list. If you think something is missing I'm keen to hear about it.

184ltr Fridge upgrade
3rd 82ltr water tank
Picnic table *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*
Front Privacy Screen
TV provision and bracket to rear room
TV bracket in kitchen
2nd window to bottom bunk
3kg Washing machine
Bed converter for club lounge
Stove upgrade to 4 Burner plus Grill
Coast to Coast control panel
Extra 100amp battery
150w solar upgrade
Coast V2 Sunscreens for Awning and side wall

Plus the Show Special
18.5" TV
Wind up TV antenna
Fusion CD Player with external speakers

I've had 2 different hard floor campers and have had the opportunity to use a few different soft floor campers, but never a full size van. So we are very excited and can't wait to get the "RACE Station".

We have two main hobbies. Bush camping and Drag Racing (hence "RACE Station"). Now Me, The Misses, Two Kids (Girl 2mths & Boy 2.5 years) and Harley (2 years) can all get away together without taking multiple vehicles and trailers.

We understand that it's not going to fit up the OTL but it will fit into Twin Falls and make a great "Base" to venture out from.

Looking forward to dust proofing and any other mods you guys recommend.

Sorry but I have post a photo of what she will look like! :minion_dancing:
Basestation.jpg

And here is what she will be haulin'
IMG_1563.jpg

Last edited:

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
This is the list I added to mine (copied from myjayco)

Alko ESC
3x 120w solar
Drifter Control
Washing machine
IBIS A/C
Waeco RPD 215 fridge
4BO oven
The new canvas bed end screen
External shower
2nd battery provision (will run 2x 100amp/h lithium)
2nd set of folding bunks in rear
3x extra windows in rear (one for each bunk)
Extra full height robe in rear
Anex light on other side
4 seasons hatchs
Jockey wheel inside A frame
3rd water tank
bigger kitchen window
Extend table 6" so it finishes flush with lounge.
stone guard
delete microwave
delete hand pump
delete mechanics rack
delete battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Podstar

Bretto

Jun 18, 2015
Gracemere, QLD
www.myswag.org
@ShaneT You must drive a hard bargain mate with all the free stuff.

Went with the 150w solar as it was cheap to upgrade. Don't need any more than that as if we struggle for power the Honda 2.0i will come out to play.

Didn't option extra bunks as we don't need them with only two little kids plus the Bike needs a fair bit of room so the extra bunks are just in the way. But did add extra window to the bunks. Also moved the robe to the bunk side again for more bike room.

Didn't look into hatches or larger windows?

Would you do anything different if you could?

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
@ShaneT

Didn't look into hatches or larger windows?

Would you do anything different if you could?

I changed out the skylight type hatches (heki?) for the 4 seasons type as I didn't want the heat and I read that they break in hail storms, we don't get much hail but if we do the last thing I want is one of them breaking in a storm. Also after lots of discussion I got a bigger window in the kitchen.

Do different,
I should of put 2 picnic tables on the side of the van, and
I wish the door was hinged from the other side. also
I should of deleted that stupid little sink in the shower that you cant even wash you hands in and always bump into when your in the shower.

Other than that thanks to this forum I think I got it pretty well sorted.

Podstar

Jul 14, 2015
Gippsland, Victoria
Hi Guys.

...Great read by the way.

I have only just come across this forum today by doing a google search on 23.73-6 OB and found the

'23.73-6 OB Basestation on Order...'

a very interesting read and will definitely use the information that you guys have offered throughout the thread, when we are ready to purchase.

We have been talking for probably the last week or two about getting a caravan and we think this van will suit us the best as we are of a large family: myself, my wife, and six children (10,8,6,4,4,2). We are just doing our research and due diligence and will probably look at getting one in about 12 months or so if our plans go ahead. As well as our large family, we also like the added bonus of taking all their bikes, scooters, etc, along with us.

What I really want to find out at the moment is if it is possible to have 2 sets of triple bunks in the rear of the basestation. I know three beds will not fold away neatly to the side as the two beds do, but is it possible, does anyone think, to have some tracks made up attached to the wall, were the top bed can be stored up high, tucked neatly under the interior ceiling, and the reaming two beds be folded away almost as per normal. To do this though, the top 2 beds will have to be movable and the bottom bed fold out to be almost laying on the floor. I have rang a Jayco dealer, and they said that Jayco will not do this in the factory....bummer!!!

Anyone with any ideas or thoughts would be most greatly appreciated guys.

Cheers

Podstar

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@postar Welcome to the forum :) 6 kids.. I thought our 4 was bad :) he he and I see twins as well.. we have 8,6,3,3 :)
Might be something you need to get done yourself :( I think you might be able to get fixed triples maybe depending on Jayco.
The idea you have yourself you might need to see if you can get someone to do.. on the 23" the big lounge can be a double bed as well.

There was a custom basestation that just sold with fixed bunks although double.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...factured/1080462702+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

If your after one to sleep 8 I saw a s/h Kingdom up at Shepparton that has two sets of Triples.
http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/buy/used/OAG-AD-1902621/2009-Kingdom-VOYAGER

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi Guys.

...Great read by the way.

I have only just come across this forum today by doing a google search on 23.73-6 OB and found the

'23.73-6 OB Basestation on Order...'

a very interesting read and will definitely use the information that you guys have offered throughout the thread, when we are ready to purchase.

We have been talking for probably the last week or two about getting a caravan and we think this van will suit us the best as we are of a large family: myself, my wife, and six children (10,8,6,4,4,2). We are just doing our research and due diligence and will probably look at getting one in about 12 months or so if our plans go ahead. As well as our large family, we also like the added bonus of taking all their bikes, scooters, etc, along with us.

What I really want to find out at the moment is if it is possible to have 2 sets of triple bunks in the rear of the basestation. I know three beds will not fold away neatly to the side as the two beds do, but is it possible, does anyone think, to have some tracks made up attached to the wall, were the top bed can be stored up high, tucked neatly under the interior ceiling, and the reaming two beds be folded away almost as per normal. To do this though, the top 2 beds will have to be movable and the bottom bed fold out to be almost laying on the floor. I have rang a Jayco dealer, and they said that Jayco will not do this in the factory....bummer!!!

Anyone with any ideas or thoughts would be most greatly appreciated guys.

Cheers

Podstar
Hi @Podstar and welcome. The issue will end up being the internal wall blocking. Expanda walls are basically just foam. Anything requiring structural stability requires internal wall blocking during manufacture.... even the TV bracket. One workaround would be getting floor to ceiling blocking installed at the factory, and then biulding your own bunks to suit your needs after delivery. Without the wall blocking in place youll struggle, but with the blocking installed you be able to do yourself what the factory wont