2013 BT50 Break in?

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys, I'm picking up my new BT50 next week, can anyone tell me if the manual stipulates a break-in period?

Please don't turn this in to a thread about old school break-in procedures, I just want to know what the manual says about break-in, specifically in relation to towing.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Others will no doubt have better recollection than me, but if I recall it was 1000km before towing, and go easy on the juice and brakes in this period. I can check the manual tomorrow.

Congrats on the new Bt50 BTW. What are you getting and any plans for mods?

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
G'day Relgate,

I've got the gt model coming with arb colour coded winch bar, tow pack, tub liner and tonnou. I'll move the warn 9500xp winch, narva 225 ultima HID's and Icom400 pro from the Landcruiser ovee. No plans for any other mods at this stage but may put a second battery in and lift the suspension a bit.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Another BT joins the ranks good work @Adam G . Yep 100okm I can't find it specifically in the manual at the moment but that's how long I waited with mine, I think right to the km :D

It mentions breaking in tyres, brakes and clutch along with the motor but I can't find anything specifically about towing.

Nice list of mods to mate what colour did you get?
Don't forget to start a thread here ''Tow Vehicles'' to mate.

My BT got its 20k service today its a Dec'12 model and I love driving it.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
I wasn't at all impressed with the paint colour options, they are all very ordinary. I went for the reddish colour because I've owned cars of every other colour available on the BT50 and i wanted something different. I was hoping for something like that burnt orange colour holden made famous a few years back but no such luck.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I wasn't at all impressed with the paint colour options, they are all very ordinary. I went for the reddish colour because I've owned cars of every other colour available on the BT50 and i wanted something different. I was hoping for something like that burnt orange colour holden made famous a few years back but no such luck.

Like the Ranger.

Reactions: Soaring

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Great list of accessories. I've got the Old Man Emu lift and I'm loving it. Great on speed bumps!
I also see that you are getting a GT. You must be a man of class and distinction.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
The GT was only $2k more and i figure I'll get a portion of that back on resale. That's my excuse anyway!

Reactions: cruza driver

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I didn't have a choice of colours with my Ranger as wife and son decreed that I wasn't to get another white car. On going to Dealer I was then told by wife on arrival that the 2nd choice was also out after she saw the real thing. A silver one was available for reasonably quick delivery and she said that if I took that I could have what ever accessories I wanted. Took me a very long few seconds to accept my fate. Still milking that promise for all its worth.

Phil

Reactions: cruza driver

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, the darker silver was my second choice. It's pretty boring though.... I don't understand why they can't give us a few exciting colours to choose from :-(

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Mrs CR just bought a new Mazda 2 but could not get her choice of colour (Blue) so had to take second choice of silver (actually called Aluminium). Quite happy with it now having seen the blue in real life. :squibbles: