17' Series 2012 17.56-2 white rear bar

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Hello again

just wanting to know how people are fitting bike racks to the rear bar as I have the round rear bar
are you fitting to this all replacing the bar?

cheers again Chris

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I posted 2 Photos about 1/2 thru this page...
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-bumper-for-spare-wheel.4427/page-2#post-66070
Here are another 2
IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0595.JPG

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Somewhere amongst this thread is my version of the rear tyre rack, I used my round bar with a couple of support braces and it held up really well, the secret is to make a saddle for the upright to mount onto the round otherwise it would probably break away......ended up putting it under the back as got sick of getting dirty when I dropped it down.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/

rags

I doubted the strength of the round pipe rear bar on my Jayco and recently got to test it. I had the misfortune to slide down a side slope embankment whilst moving the van at home when the ground was a little damp. With no where to go after driving out to a lower level and unable to turn around as I am now down by the river that flows past the rear of our block I need to reverse out with van attach. Soon realising that I am now stuck my only option was to be winched out by the young bloke in his ute, with the winching being from the rear of the van. So with little option we put a bridle strap across the rear bar. Thinking the bar would snap at the welds we slowly started pulling until presto I had been winched about 20 metres up the hill with a slope of about 25degrees. The bar survived and van and prado was now up wear I was intending to park in the 1st place.
Damage to van , a bent jockey wheel holder, prado busted rear bumper from van and car jack knifing together when I slid down the bank. That can be fix with the new Kaymar rear bar
Jayco Rear bar tested as a recovery point completed.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Not everyone watches and take photos at the same time...

Drover you sound like a 20 year old. Do you own a selfie stick?

:apologetic::apathy::applouse:

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
You liked @Dobbie 's post above @Drover 's and liked it...... Guessing @Drover should have said "too" instead of "to" ?

I think I may have it - but probably not

I "liked" @Dobbie 's post, as

I remember once when we were camping down south, I saw a track heading up hill in the forrest, so I trundled up it
at the time I had a Pig (FJ55 L'Cruiser wgn) the angle of the hill was sufficient for the fuel in the Aux tank to flow out of the filler neck (and the filler neck was above the tail gate on the right hand back pillar)

anywho, as I am travelling up this said hill, and smelling the fuel draining out the back, I miss timed a gear change.................... (from 4H to 4L)
and she slid sideways into a water rut

the passenger front wheel was 3 feet off the ground
the drivers wheel was 1 foot off the ground
the drivers rear wheel was wedged into the rut
and the tow bar was the only thing stopping it from rolling nose over tail

my 3 Bro-in-laws, my F-in-law, his bro-in-law all came to help get me out

we all had cameras
F-in-law and his bro-in-law both had Video cameras

not a single photo was taken

lesson was learnt the hard way
NEVER go from 4H to 4L while on a very steep incline

(a couple of years later, I heard that that hill, at Nanga, is called Carnage Hill, because of the amount of roll overs going up it..............)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Grammar corrected, oh wise one's.......................FJ55's seat of the pants FWDing, no gimmicks, all talent........I have done similar including the slide, no incriminating pics either sadly...........I actually have somewhere might go looking.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol