Starcraft 2 week until delivery of Starcraft 17.58-3 OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Melinda a 9KG bottle of gas should last you at least two weeks depending on the amount of cooking and how often you run the water heater (If you have one?)

We have a 120W Solar panel and 100A battery and have stayed off grid for 3 nights/4 days with no issues.... Apart from Mrs Dagree leaving the inverter switched on and got a low battery warning one night. An hour with the generator going sorted the battery for overnight.

Also run a 12V TV which was left running most of the time for noise.

Reactions: bigcol

Melinda

Nov 8, 2015
Brisbane
@Melinda a 9KG bottle of gas should last you at least two weeks depending on the amount of cooking and how often you run the water heater (If you have one?)

We have a 120W Solar panel and 100A battery and have stayed off grid for 3 nights/4 days with no issues.... Apart from Mrs Dagree leaving the inverter switched on and got a low battery warning one night. An hour with the generator going sorted the battery for overnight.

Melinda

Nov 8, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks, dagree...we found our inverter switch today...necessity is a great teacher...and I, too, expect to learn on the job (so to speak:))...I threatened my girls with outdoor showers tonight to test the water heater but, damn, the power came on!! Next purchase is an ensuite cum outhouse, followed closely by teaching the girls the intricacies of emptying greywater canisters and chemical toilets..,who needs husbands when you have kids

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
good on you @Melinda

as @dagree said, depending on the load on the batteries, you can last for a couple of days off power...........
any type of inverter for phones, laptops, etc will drag power - so these have to be "limited" in their usage

little shower tents from BCF and other camping stores are usually around the $100 for a decent one, I have seen a double one, which was good - change room & shower room

cheers

Reactions: dagree

Melinda

Nov 8, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks bigcol...teenage girls, privacy and showers go hand in hand apparently...back in the good old days getting out of having a shower was a bonus (but I was from Goulburn where even a quick dunk in the Wollondilly took a brave heart)...cheerd

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Coles home brand Nappisan (Now called...Oxy Booster Advanced Laundry Soaker) One or two lids initially and top up after 3 or 4 days.... Add Eucalyptus Oil to the flush water for a pleasant smell ;) More environmentally friendly and way cheaper than the chemical products supplied for chem toilets.

Brand name Nappisan won't work as it has a lower concentration of sodium percarbonate in it. Woolworths used to do one also but I think have stopped supplying it?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Coles home brand Nappisan (Now called...Oxy Booster Advanced Laundry Soaker) One or two lids initially and top up after 3 or 4 days.... Add Eucalyptus Oil to the flush water for a pleasant smell ;) More environmentally friendly and way cheaper than the chemical products supplied for chem toilets.

Brand name Nappisan won't work as it has a lower concentration of sodium percarbonate in it. Woolworths used to do one also but I think have stopped supplying it?
How much water do you put in with it mate? We have the little sachets things although around $1 each :(

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
A 1 kilo tub will cost you about $4.50 @davemc .
I've only experimented with it last trip to Margaret River and used 2 capfuls with between 1/2 and 1 litre of hot water to dissolved it before pouring in the tank. Worked a treat.

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
We use Peterg's Toilchem Green. Use toilet for 1's & 2's when needed. Breaks down everything, no lumps when emptied into dump point. We pay around $20 for a litre and use about 100ml at a time. Small price to pay to get full benefit of the van

Robert

Apr 15, 2015
Wollongong
Loving the van still 8 months on, even with a few after sales issues.

Finally getting the first service done 8 months after delivery, well and truly past the 10,000km mark thanks to some issues with Jayco Sydney –the dealer we order through. Ended up contacting Jayco Nowra (closer to home) to book in and they recommended a approved service centre nearer to us so we didnot have to travel as far (bonus they are alot cheaper).

The list of things to be fixed:

• 3 screws sheared off on the “handles” to open/close the pop top roof.

• Roof comes down one sided need to push to one side as it comes down on the roof from the inside or get a mate to push from the outside – if it comes down by itself cannot get the clips on onside of the van.

• Hot water system need turning up (luke warm no matter how long it has been plugged in for/had the gas fired up).

• Brackets to secure the ladder for the bunk put on upside down and the ladder will not fit.

• Fabric on the buttons of the seat coming off

• Front of draw under the dinning seat pulling off (had to fix so we could use the storage)
I know some are easy fixes but I have been stuffed around with Jayco Sydney and want issues fixed under warranty, let’s see how easy it will be to get these issues fixed.

Does anyone have an e-mail contact for Jayco head office??

Need to send a scan of the invoice given to us at the show and the order form sent with all the optional extra highlighted as an item was not fitted on collection of the van, had been informed by the handover person it would be fitted on 1st service. After finally getting a date for the service (numerous phone call and being told it should have been booked in when we collected the van) got day off work drove to Sydney only to be told they would not fit the item free of charge. I showed them the invoice from the show listing the item as an optional extra and the order form sent with all the optional extra highlighted, after some back and forth between staff members I was informed it had no dollar value against the “show card” submitted by the dealer. I informed them I had no idea what the show card was and how was I meant to know about it, my invoice shows the item as an optional extra – discussion got a little heated resulting in me leaving minus the service hence the delay in getting the first service).

Have tried to get someone from Sydney to confirm in writing why the optional extra on the invoice had not been fitted, no reply hence the need for a head office contact any help appreciated.

Melinda

Nov 8, 2015
Brisbane
Our pop-top never shuts straight either...we put it down to being a Jayco thing and our dealer showed us how to 'lean' it shut so we could clip it...if the dealer is that savvy you think Jayco would fix the problem

Reactions: bigcol and dagree