2 queries - baby jail in a bunk bed and reaching to fold up front bed

scottbec

Dec 4, 2011
Albany, WA
Hi all,

We recently bought a 2008 18.57-6 Expanda with the bed on the front and triple bunks down the back corner. We love the setup, but we are wanting to get our youngest (1 y.o boy) out of his portacot (as it takes up too much room) and getting him into the bottom bunk. we have looked at a few options to keep him in there (such as netting or other gate style fittings) and were wondering if anyone had any thoughts of advice in regards to this.

also, the very helpful guy we bought the van off showed us how the two gas bottles are handy steps for reaching up to pack the front bed away. I am just wondering if anyone had ever thought of putting a plank of wood over their gas bottles on the front so as to make a bit safer step to reach to the top when pushing the bed in and when zipping up the fly bags??? I am 6 foot 1 and sometimes I think I am going to snap something in my groinal region when i stretch out between the bottles... or is there another, safer and easier, way to do this??

p.s. we pulled out the 4 inch wide legth of foam along the front end of the mattress to make folding up a bit easier (esp with egg foam and sheets on).

cheers

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
If you are just wanting to stop him/her from falling out, could you just use a bedrail? The one we have expands to about 150 cm or so.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Forgot to mention, can't help with the folding up question as we have hardlids so do this from the ground

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
With our prevoius "soft lid " expanda, I used to take the bed flys off to pack them up, just fond it easier.

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We bought a single sized bed rail from Baby Bunting and it works perfectly on the bottom bunk, it goes all the way to the ladder. Just take a measurement of the side before you buy one as they do come in different lengths. $29 is what we paid, it folds down too to make getting them in and out easier :)