Toy Hauler 19ft Basestation 19.58-1

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thought people might be interested that I was talking to the members at Jayco Ballarat recently and can confirm that in 2016 the 21ft Basestation and 17ft Work N Play is to be replaced by a 19ft Basestation.

We've had a squiz at plans at Ballarat and there's still no dinette (as in the Work N Play). It seems the extra length has been added to the kitchen (extra robe and bench space) and at the end of the beds.

Other upgrades include:
  • Updated décor (i.e. cushion colours etc, curtains, etc.)
  • LED strip lighting to overhead cupboards and also has updated angled doors
  • Upgraded external graphics
  • Upgraded tent colour (apparently heading to orange)
  • 174Lt fridge as standard
Really keen to see pics, weights and more detailed sizing. We feel it could be a great option for us as a van upgrade. Having not been "inside diners" we see it as a great compromise between the bigger BS and the rather snug WNP.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Saw the plans and was having a chat with then at the caravan at the start of the year about this

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We don't eat in the van either, although need somewhere for the monsters to sit at 6:30am so there not out waking everyone else up.
Can you do three in the rear and one you can setup as a couch?
Is the rear like the WnP or Basestation? Thinking more wardrobe wise?
I think I saw an orange bed end at Bayswater last week while dropping of the van although was a drive in drop off quickly as needed to get home,, picking it up tomorrow so will look.

You know my thoughts on WnP or Basestation I think they are great vans.

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
@davemc - you could probably do any combo you like in the back, and for us we'd option it with 4 bunks and then work out what to keep and what not to keep. The wall bracing would be difficult to retrofit at a later stage I think.

I think it's easier to look at it like a large WNP rather than a small Basestation. The lack of a dinette in the front really sets it apart. Also, the ensuite is adjacent to the front bed (like the WNP) rather than the rear area (as in the BS). Which means the dunny can be emptied from outside, which I think is a much better scenario.

There's definitely an extra robe and space for additional units in the rear. Space galore...

Let us know if you spot an orange canvas end...

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Van will not be ready to Thursday now they running late.. Will take some pics of orange :)

Ok so just a WnP with a robe on the front and I gather more bench space the other side.
Yes I really like the Toy haulers for kids. Any idea on price? 17" WnP was $48k and 21 BS $57k If I remember.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
400kg for a toy hauler seems a little light????

It certainly does. But it also doesn't include ball weight (i.e. ATM) although if I wanted bikes/quads/jetskis + water I'd be a little concerned. Having said that, this was simply a back of a post-it note weight... literally.

Reactions: 17triton

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Is that the new one or did they leave the 21 floor plan there? Seems they updating bits and pieces

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 688

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Is that the new one or did they leave the 21 floor plan there? Seems they updating bits and pieces
According to the sales rep I'm currently talking to, and he's confirmed with the Caravan planning section at Jayco, and the layout you see online is correct. I was a little sceptical myself, so I'm not sure where they've sacrificed the 2ft from in comparison to the 21ft...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Looks like the 21foot lay out to me.
Think they still have some updating to do on there website.

Agree, but I've confirmed it with the local dealership who contacted Jayco HQ and confirmed the website floorplan. Given the inadequacy of their website in terms of updates and product lines historically, I'll be taking it with a grain of salt until I see one in the "flesh"

Reactions: Base23

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @davemc, we'll be at the show with pen and paper this year for sure (at least the Friday) and will be looking over them with a keen eye. Given the awesome report you did last year though, I'm not going to talk you out of doing a little bit of initial groundwork! :)

Reactions: davemc and Base23

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You're a dedicated caravan show tragic!

Are you leaving your credit cards at home in case you upgrade?

Reactions: davemc

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Have a fun time.

If you see anything on a remote for solar panels, can you take a photo?

I'm now starting to investigate so, if they've been around for a while and everyone else has heard about them, just ignore!