18' Series 18.58-2 owners ... awning and cover sizes

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Hi all

Will be joining the club soon, have our 18.58-2 on order.

Just wondering if anyone happens to know the length and depth of the awning? We have our caravan show coming up shortly in Perth before we take delivery, and looking to get shade walls, AFK and rafters etc in preparation. Also I gather it is a Carefree awning?

Also, thinking of putting a sail track on the rear side of the van, i.e., over the kitchen an outdoor shower area. (We had a second awning on the back of our Swan and it made a big difference in the heat and for privacy.) Would people put the track on the side of the roof (like the Carefree awing is attached) or at the top of the solid walls? Also, Looking at the plans attached below, anyone know if the circled measurement is the size of the roof panel?

Also looking at an Adco cover. Have people ordered the 16-18 foot model or 18-20?

Cheers all!

Attachments

• EXPOB.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 352

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday amd welcome @Maximage

A nice selection of van ,have you thought of getting the washing machine version option? The roof length will be the 5578 figure and the awning should'nt be more than 500mm less than that generally. As for the awning depth (yes Carefree), from memory they will stick out about 2500mm. Sail track on off side is good idea (readily available from the big green shed, and I would rivet it (with clear silastic also) to the wall. The roof will not hinder closing either, in my opinion. Re the cover, for our 17ft, I bought the 18-20ft and it fits perfect.

Cheers Pace.