17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
Hummmm.
I now see why it is cheap.
The locks are on top, that means it will slowly fill with water.
Looks like I'll try for the exact same as yours, due to the size of the opening and lock position. Yours is better then the others I have found.

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2574.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG

Been a while since I've done anything to the van but this may well be one of the best mods. We weren't happy with the double mattress so with a bit of head scratching came up with this. It is now queen size and can be left set up and still get in and out of the van. It does block the drawer but can lift the bed to access the drawer or take the infill piece out and push the mattress back in. I still have to attach the ply to the timber slats of the bed base that will be able to slide in and out when required.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Finished off the mattress support off by bolting timber cleats under which limits the travel of the ply in and out.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This was an oversight by me and I had to send the mattress back to get the corner taken off so it doesn't impede on the handle anymore. Much better now.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Next job on my agenda was to reclaim some cupboard space back in the van. Even before we bought our van this cupboard annoyed me. I removed both 1" pipes that are for filling tante tanks and the breathers as well as the mains pressure supply pipe.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

With the pipes removed I relocated the mains feed to behind the mudflap so will never have to muck around with that little door again. I put a one way valve just on the other side of that chassis rail before the pressure regulator and teed into the main water line.
image.jpeg

Wanting a better way to fill the tanks I came up with this solution which I teed off the mains pipe up to the ball valve then into the pipe just under the tank selector valve which enables me to fill either tank or both depending on what I select. By using this hose I now positive pressure fill the tanks and have rerouted the breathers to behind the toolbox. I blocked off where the old 1" pipe ran into the tank.
image.jpeg

I just have to put a fuel filter to the ends of these breather lines to stop any crud being able to be sucked back in.
image.jpeg

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
That's great!
I'd like to bugger those lil doors off too.
How would you go about topping the tanks up with a Gerry ? I use a whale pump to transfer I wonder if that would have enough pressure to fill??

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
That's cheating, where the fun in hitching that up?

As an aside, are you going to use the load leveling bars still?

Reactions: bloke

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
That's cheating, where the fun in hitching that up?

As an aside, are you going to use the load leveling bars still?
Yes Dave you can see still see the bars a bit in the bottom pic. Need them with the Triton to help take the pitching out over bumps.

Reactions: bloke