17Triton`s Triton.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Went the airtec mate, I really like the look of them how they go straight into the guard and not run along the outside like the safari.

Good on ya!!! I have plans for a snorkel for the prado....but a few things will go on first. Looking forward to pics.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Fitted a cheapie ebay one on a mates 100 series a few years back (He couldn't watch :hopelessness: ). To be honest I was impressed on the quality (looks) and fitting although a bit thin for my liking. Not sure about the quality of materials though????

Will be looking around in a few weeks for one for the Prado. Haven't had a good look around yet but thinking between Safari, Airtech or Ironman...... And will be fitting myself :crazy: because my pants have deep scottish pockets ;)!!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I would go the Iron Man if I was you @dagree & @Triton . I fitted the Holden/Isuzu one and the template was incorrect :censored::Cry::jaw:
But then out came the die grinder and Boom! Problem fixed... Bloody Holden :jaded:

I am tending to go towards Ironman as I have their bullbar and rear drawers in the Prado and happy with the quality and price... Had a mate with contacts when I got them. Could be a case of get in touch with him and see if he still knows people "In the know"... That Scottish blood is coming out again ;)

As for fitting it I always go by what one of my tradesmen used to say "Measure twice, get ready to cut, check measurements another two times...... If you think you have got the measurements right measure one more time before even thinking about picking up the drill or cutting tool!!!!!!"

Reactions: 17triton and skippy

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I fitted an Airtec to my Triton @17triton a few years ago and the template was spot on. I then fitted another snorkle to my 100 series but this time it was a Safari, it was also a good fit.

Both the quality and fit looked factory you really cant go wrong with a reputable brand.

Make sure you tell them you want it 100% water sealed as you intend to do river crossings so get them to silicone the intake trunk etc. Some installers just fit the trunk etc with clamps only but you want both silicone and clamps for a perfect seal.

Also tell them to touch up any exposed metal after they take to your car with a drill.
014.jpg

Reactions: Colsar and 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I would go the Iron Man if I was you @dagree & @Triton . I fitted the Holden/Isuzu one and the template was incorrect :censored::Cry::jaw:
But then out came the die grinder and Boom! Problem fixed... Bloody Holden :jaded:
I did a shop around town and they wanted nearly the same price for the Ironman as the Safari which was a surprise. Mind you the Safari were charging $100 less for installation. I got TJM to drop their price a little but they were still a bit dearer but I had liked the look of them so much more. Had heard they are a bugger to diy so happy to pay as long as they do a good job. Fingers crossed.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Called into our only Ironman dealer this afternoon. $297 for supply only and $250 to fit. But same as Jayco supplies here in the state of WA (Wait Awhile) none in stock for at least two weeks!!!!!
Migth go to ARB and a couple of others tomorrow morning and see what they can do.

Reactions: Kenshi123

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Found a great addition for the Triton today. Came across a MSA40 drop slide from a guy selling one on Facebook. Rrp on these is $675 he was asking $350 so I snapped it up. Going for a drive to Albury tomorrow to pick it up and then staying at a friends house in Corowa for a catchup.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Found a great addition for the Triton today. Came across a MSA40 drop slide from a guy selling one on Facebook. Rrp on these is $675 he was asking $350 so I snapped it up. Going for a drive to Albury tomorrow to pick it up and then staying at a friends house in Corowa for a catchup.

I must admit, I had to google what the drop slide was... but damn... that's one funky bit of kit. One thing to put on the list for the next truck... It's a long list... I'm going to need my brothers work truck to fit all the things in...

Reactions: 17triton