17' Series 17 ft expanda travel length?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats the way, unlike other places we may growl at each other on occassions but we all stay friendly, well some will leave and thats a shame but you can make some really good friends............................Overly serious should always be lightened with a laugh............... oh and we do stir when we know you.

Reactions: Tone and chartrock

Heydon

Mar 2, 2018
Warrnambool
Thats the way, unlike other places we may growl at each other on occassions but we all stay friendly, well some will leave and thats a shame but you can make some really good friends............................Overly serious should always be lightened with a laugh............... oh and we do stir when we know you.

It's a good thing. Years and years ago I moderated a fairly large car enthusiast forum which wasn't always friendly. Turned me off these places for a long time so glad to be back into it with a friendly crowd that enjoys some carry on.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I know what you mean, I've dumped other places for the same reason, Expanders is the only one left, on the whole a good time around the campfire, topics may wander but we eventually get back...

The Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening thread or Who, What Where threads are good spots to let rip...

Reactions: Bluey and Heydon

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
So we still dont know how bloody long are these vans !!!!!!!! spose i could take 300mm off the lenth of mine an extended draw bar is 300mm longer yea ????
Theres another question

Reactions: Heydon and Drover

Heydon

Mar 2, 2018
Warrnambool
So we still dont know how bloody long are these vans !!!!!!!! spose i could take 300mm off the lenth of mine an extended draw bar is 300mm longer yea ????
Theres another question

I reckon that's the next best thing if you get the chance. Assume no back bumper. That's gonna save me a few cm in storage. Advertised widths are with the awning. I assume they're not much more than 100mm in width.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My awning is a Colorado 18ft awning and its 135mm at the barrel 95mm at the arms from the body, @Blueys rig less the extended bar would give you a good idea, removing the rear bar as an option, I really don't know if a great idea it would be a big pain to do it for every trip that I do know.
If your a good trailer driver then you could allow 50mm for reversing so you gain the max for a body to walk around but you would have to do it by mirrors and not rely on a guide too much, thats how things get bent.................since I will be taking Big Mal wandering the long paddock in a couple of days I will keep my tape measure handy, problem is they have nothing to say what the size is, should make some interesting happy hours.....

Reactions: Heydon and Bluey

Heydon

Mar 2, 2018
Warrnambool
Thanks Fellas. It's still going to be close to the line. We really don't want to go the 16ft because I think we'll always wish we'd gone bigger. I have the option to store at my parents place but it's 30-40 minutes away. Not the end of the world but rather be able to hitch up and go on a whim.
I'm an appalling trailer driver. But not a bad learner! It's only the rickety old boundary fence that I don't think will put up much of a fight if I tap it!

Reactions: G Daddy and Drover

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
you can put a camera on the rear we have one of these. https://safetydave.com.au/ no not related.
just slowly and slowly.. you might even get better at reversing maybe with practise :(
Bigger is always better started looking 14 then 16 then we brought a 17 now a 22. :)

Yes everyone here is friendly some of us go off on tangents and some of us have grammar of preps :)

Heydon

Mar 2, 2018
Warrnambool
Thanks Dave funnily enough we've done the same thing. I think 17 is our max for a starting point though. And storage too. We're currently in a mid 80s Coleman wind up so the change will be obvious!
Nevermind the grammar. Prep is the only grade I've never taught!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Better still, sell the house and get a bigger yard then you could have a bigger van and a big shed.....................Now thats a plan.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
NO.............it wasn't lunch time when you posted that !!!!!!!! Get back to work..........and back to topic, I dunno I always have to remind you lot.

Reactions: Crusty181

Heydon

Mar 2, 2018
Warrnambool
Update - thanks again for everyone's help here. We're one week away from collecting our 2017 17.56-2. Very excited. Measurements suggest it will fit, with a bee's willy to spare. We'll deal with the fallout of the gas and elec people if it happens. Bring on the good times. And the next 345 questions I'm about to have for you lot to answer!