16'49'1 OB - Getting Axle underslung - Warrenty??

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Folks,

I rand Prestige Jayco Today to get a quote to have them under-sling the Axle on our 2012 16'49'1 OB - They kindly obliged by given me a quote of $240 however much to my surprise to me that they would no longer my warranty once its done... Seriously???

Anyone have this done by Jayco yet? and did they tell you that your warranty would be void by doing it - even if done by them?

Cheers,

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi Folks,

I rand Prestige Jayco Today to get a quote to have them under-sling the Axle on our 2012 16'49'1 OB - They kindly obliged by given me a quote of $240 however much to my surprise to me that they would no longer my warranty once its done... Seriously???

Anyone have this done by Jayco yet? and did they tell you that your warranty would be void by doing it - even if done by them?

Cheers,

We have ours done there earier this year , while still under warranty, and there was no mention of that !

Still you know how warranty laws work they would need to prove that the mod is directly responsible for causing the claim. That is the mod that they carried out !

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Ya, i figured as much... I think ill get it done anyway... Planning it for first service before our xmas holiday to marimbula - jarvis bay - marimbula

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I was told the same thing, Page brothers will not do it because they told me that the rules had changed with Vic Roads, all vans had to be a standard height for a single axel. the duel wheel vans are still underslung i think.
I looked at it and it will raise the van at least 100mm, you could get a bigger tyre to give you some more height, think you could achieve 20-40mm doing that.
I was laos given the number of a place in Dandenong in Melb that does raise them, PM me if you want the number for them.
I am just going to sit for now on mine as the 100mm is very high and it looks like it would change travel stability?
Has anyone else made this change and its been all ok?
Cheers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I was told the same thing, Page brothers will not do it because they told me that the rules had changed with Vic Roads, all vans had to be a standard height for a single axel. the duel wheel vans are still underslung i think.
I looked at it and it will raise the van at least 100mm, you could get a bigger tyre to give you some more height, think you could achieve 20-40mm doing that.
I was laos given the number of a place in Dandenong in Melb that does raise them, PM me if you want the number for them.
I am just going to sit for now on mine as the 100mm is very high and it looks like it would change travel stability?
Has anyone else made this change and its been all ok?
Cheers

Here you go mate
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/sh...nder-slung-or-over-slung?highlight=underslung

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/286-Flipping-my-axel?highlight=underslung

And some info regarding the 50mm block
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/sh...r-Where-to-get-one/page2?highlight=underslung