16' Series 16.49-2 (Bunk Beds); Is there one in Brisbane that I could have a look at?

pmath15

Jan 16, 2012
My wife and I are looking to move from our 2000 13'6" Windsor rapid to something a little bigger and newer. We still like the idea of an expanding van (we still take our grandkids away regularly), but also the ability to sleep on overnighters without opening the ends, hence the look for a van with bunks. We have seen the Concept icon, and the Windsor RA 521, but Jayco no longer makes the 16.49-2, so have not seen one of these in the flesh. Neither can I find one for sale in the Brisbane area in any of my searches on the net. We are after the hard lid model.
Is there an owner out there in the Brisbane area who would be happy for Sandy and I to have a look at their van, and share their thoughts on this particular configuration?
Would also be interested in hearing from other owners, and particularly anyone who compared the Jayco with either the Rapid, or Concept Icon before buying theirs.
Does anyone know of such a van for sale in this part of the world?

Thanks

Peter

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Good luck with your search, Peter and welcome to the forum. The members are a friendly lot and if any one has one locally, I'm sure they will like to show it off.

richard

Jun 9, 2011
There is also the option of the 14" model which has 2 bunks, expands at one end and hence a little smaller for when you do not have the grandkids with you. If ever passing through Narrabri, then I have a 16-49-2. Off for a week now, but after that would be willing to chat if you have not found someone else yet.

pmath15

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks; Cost of used 16.49-2

There is also the option of the 14" model which has 2 bunks, expands at one end and hence a little smaller for when you do not have the grandkids with you. If ever passing through Narrabri, then I have a 16-49-2. Off for a week now, but after that would be willing to chat if you have not found someone else yet.

Thanks Richard.
We were shown the 14' model with bunks at the back, and while we did like it very much, felt that we would like a bit more space. 16' does also allow for a biggger awning / annexe. Would you believe, just after posting this, I did find a 16.49-2 for sale close to us, and have emailed the seller, so hopefully will get to at least see one. It's a hard top 2008, with very few options added, and is asking just under $33,000, which seems a bit much, but would be interested in the ideas of others who might know the going rate of s/h expandas better than me.
Am also interested if anyone has a ball park idea of the cost of adding options such as a wind up ariel, external shower, ...
Peter