14' Series 14.44-5 Bed size in expanda caravans?

Muppy

Aug 10, 2014
Looking into purchasing this model, is the bed a comfortable fit for a 6' tall person?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I have the 14.44-4 (so the bunk model of this van) and I am 6'3". It is quite comfortable. I sleep against the canvas side so have to climb over SWMBO (sometimes I don't make it over :p but keeping it clean here!) and isn't too bad.

BJ

Reactions: Chooky and dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Looking into purchasing this model, is the bed a comfortable fit for a 6' tall person?
We have a 14.44-5 OB and I am 198cm tall, (about 6' 5 1/2" tall)
Just completed a 31 day, 10500km trip, slept very comfortably.
I can lie on my back and just fit in, not a natural sleeping position, though.
Tend to sleep at a slight angle and fit easily and comfortably. Now that we have BEFs fitted, not worried about touching bed end canvas when I occasionally stretch out straight, no issues
Have the Innerspring mattress and use a mattress 'Pillow Topper'
Love the van and absolutely no issues re sleeping comfortably.
Hope that helps
Marv

Reactions: Bmhdg76

Muppy

Aug 10, 2014
Thank you for responding. We really like the layout of this van and appreciate the feedback because our closest dealer who is an hour away does not have one in stock to look at.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Thank you for responding. We really like the layout of this van and appreciate the feedback because our closest dealer who is an hour away does not have one in stock to look at.
If you buy one, won't regret it.
Look at what mods I have made to make the van more functional.
New model already has awning LED lights so can skip that mod.
Do suggest OB, with Solar and extra HD battery.
Hot water system is great as well.
Also suggest asking for extra power points, 240 and 12v next to or near the table as there weren't any when we bought ours. Have some other suggestions if you decide to commit.
Marv