14.44-4 is here !

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
Picked up the new baby from Geelong Friday.Hand over went well until the hook up.We ordered the underslung version with recessed coupling as advsed by Jayco.When hooked up to Our Pajero SWB it was 70mm lower at rear than front,Paj was 70 mm lower at back wheels than front.Adding our Camec WDH made it worse.The Rep. who was doing handover said it was close to spec and would be fine without WDH.Driving home van felt twitchy compared to the avan We had just traded.I think I need a WDH but to achieve fitting one some sort of raising of coupling or lowering of towball tongue needs to happen.Ironically if the coupling had been fitted to top of aframe there would probably have been no problem.Will probably need to purcase a new WDH as the Camec is not suited to this type of chassis setup(will hit on chassis when turnig).Any thoughts of how to get around this problem?I will try to post some pics later.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on the pickup!

Some pics would help. Maybe a hitch raiser like the one Chartrock and bushman have may help.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Ours always towed a little nose up even with the WDH on the lowest setting (also Pajero) didn't want to go to a longer drop shank so decided on the Hitch raiser block after seeing it here, worked out just right.

Attachments

• 10062011413.jpg
    10062011413.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 300

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Our was the 16-49-1 OB we picked it up about 10.30/11.00. Was that your car with the surfboard backed on to the van and guys working on it

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
Thanks Bushman I am seeing a local trailer manufacturer tomorrow.I will show Him You pic plus a couple off expanda owners.Will probably do same/similar and buy a different wdh.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
we have an 02 pajero that has all standard suspention.
we we picked up the expanda(16-49-3)the first thing we noticed was the paj drobed about 2 inches in the back.
with work we deal with pedders a fair bit(im a mechanic)and asked them whats the best coils to fix my prob.
we ended up getting heavy duty coils with around 25mm lift when the paj is empty
but with the waeco and genny and drawers in the back it sits nice
with the van conected it now sists nice and level and drives so much better.
cost me around $200 and i fitted them my self(easy job)
we dont have a wdh or anything and drives as good towing at 60 as it does at 110.
cheers jim/tab and diamond