12v Waterpump Issue

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
Hi all,

I picked up the van last Thursday and the 12 volt water pump was working, went to use it yesterday and it blew the fuse. Replaced the fuse tried it same result.

I replaced the fuse and tried one by one the appliances that went out when the fuse blew till i found it was the pump. Ive got Jayco onto it but will have to take it back to Orange to get them to look at it. Does anyone have any ideas that might be the issue to get it going tonight?

Cheers Wilko

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hey Wilko

If it is under warranty you probably won't want to do too much poking around but there are a couple of things you can try. First up make sure the fuse is the recommended size, wouldn't be the first time the wrong size fuse was fitted from the factory. However don't be tempted to fit a higher rated fuse than is recommended. if you can, disconnect the positive wire at the pump and see if it still blows the fuse. This will tell you if the short is in the wiring or in the pump. If the short is still present with the pump disconnected then you will have to follow the wiring from the pump back to the switch. This is usually not too hard as jayco tend to run most of their wiring where it can be reached. of course you may have to remove some draws etc to get access. The most likely culprit will be a rub through on a sharp metal edge or a screw that has gone through the wire. take particular notice where the wiring makes sharp direction changes. If the short goes when the pump is disconnected then it will be the pump.

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
Thanks Boots, I tried all the usual and I'm taking back to the dealer in the coming week. Must say am impressed by their service even offered to come to me to fix it