20' Series 12v troubles and tv troubles

Wandering walshs

Sep 5, 2019
Victoria
Hi all , have not long purchased a 20foot full sized expanda 2017 , and I can’t get a tv channel at all , the thing is the 12v tv socket at the door has decided to stop working as well , checked power output at the j35 under the lounge and it was only putting out 4v , had a spare slot that was putting out 12v so tried that one and Huston we have power once again to the Telly , (still no reception) . Work ok for three movies , moved camps 800km up the road and now it don’t work , had a red light come on the j35 which indicated a overloaded outlet , removed the one for the Telly and all went normal again . Any ideas , would be helpful cheers .

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Hi and welcome. Silly question but do you have a TV antenna and if so how far from civilisation are you to get a signal. On some bands there is a small black button on the TV wall plate that I think powers a booster for the TV signal. Sorry can’t help you with the J35 thingy.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Take a pic of your wall plate for us, it could be the plugs have come off at the back, if its a Winegard you need the booster turned on and what sort of aerial do you have ???

The pic will help a troubleshoot reply.

Wandering walshs

Sep 5, 2019
Victoria
All connection have been checked except the roof which is my next port a call , tested the house battery with a tester and came back need to replace , so have another problem to solve, caravanning should be this hard should it .