Electrical 12v Strip light install

Frank

Feb 14, 2014
Ok I need some advice on installing a 12v strip light. We have a 2013 16:49.1 Expanda. Only has a standard outdoor light and the light in the handle next to the door. We bought a 5m Dune 12v strip light from Anaconda the other day and it is my plan to permanently mount it on the ledge/lip of the van. Has anyone done this and if so can you tell me a couple of things:
1. Did you piggy back power off existing out door light
2. Install separate switch
3. Where did the strip light wire enter the van

Any advice is appreciated
Cheers
Frank

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Ok I need some advice on installing a 12v strip light. We have a 2013 16:49.1 Expanda. Only has a standard outdoor light and the light in the handle next to the door. We bought a 5m Dune 12v strip light from Anaconda the other day and it is my plan to permanently mount it on the ledge/lip of the van. Has anyone done this and if so can you tell me a couple of things:
1. Did you piggy back power off existing out door light
2. Install separate switch
3. Where did the strip light wire enter the van

Any advice is appreciated
Cheers
Frank
I did this Mod @Frank
1. Yes I just connected it to the same circuit
2. Yes I installed a double switch to replace the single one by the door http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/light-switches.1794/#post-20113
3. Ran the cable down the gas strut and drilled a hole directly above the switch outside-light-jpg.8559

Frank

Feb 14, 2014

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi mate. I installed the strip light today and now have a 2 gang switch ready to wire in. Can you tell me how you wired yours
Cheers
Frank
As far as I can remember Frank I just wired the + wire through the new switch to the strip light and connected the - to the same place as the other light If I have time tomorrow I'll try and take a photo

Frank

Feb 14, 2014
As far as I can remember Frank I just wired the + wire through the new switch to the strip light and connected the - to the same place as the other light If I have time tomorrow I'll try and take a photo
Cheers mate would appreciate it just so I get it right
Frank