12v Socket not working

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Dont mean to hijack a thread but Electric Guru, where did you capture your lighting shot in your profile pic?
I took mine near Rockingham, about an hour south of Perth during a ripper WA thunderstorm.
Cheers Roh

MrHappi, possible that there is some reverse polarity protection built in. Glad it all worked out ok and no TV's were hurt in the making of this thread.

Don't worry about the wrong colours as there has been many a debate on the wiring colour and the polarity with outlets and appliances. Speaking of which, (not hijacking, still on subject) hey Boots did you end up fixing that light with the wrong wiring and was it just that one?

Hey Roh

Sounds like a good storm. Hope you didn't cop it too bad. Been some strong weather of the western side over the last 12 months.

Mine was taken at West End in Brisbane as one of the big storms was rolling through just prior to the floods in December 2010. Below are some of the sequence shots looking south, taken from my iPhone 3GS of all things. Note the last one was behind glass due to at this point we all cr@pped ourselves cause a big strike came down not far away... :fear:

IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0364.JPG IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0378.JPG

Cheers. ;)