Trailmax

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Evening All,
Does anyone know what has happened to Trailmax.
I have been trying to call them for over 2 weeks and have left a message on the machine and sent them a message via their contact page on the website but now the website is down for "maintenance"

Looking to purchase the bike rack mount for the rear bar.
http://www.trailmax.com.au/

Anyone had dealings with them in the last 2 weeks.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
I personally wouldn't bother, IMO it was a dangerous product on its own for mounting your bike racks, especially without other modifications of which they did not suggest you do.

The biggest problem was that Jayco only rates the RHS rear bars at 30kg & thats only if it came with the spare mounted on the bar, but realistically there was no difference between those bars with & without the spare, in saying that the round bars would be rated at much less.

Try searching for trailmax on here as there was some discussion previously, along with much better forms of mounting bike racks to the rear of the vans.

Reactions: cruza driver

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Guys i had a jayco RHS gal bumper on my 2005 OB expanda .
I made a clamped goose neck fitted a bike rack that folds down so you could put down rear bed without removing the rack.
what i found was the welds that butt up the two square tubes to the rectangular rear tubing ripped or collapsed due to the constant swinging of the bikes and rack .
I made a new rear bar out of some heavier gauge tubing and problem gone.
I wouldnt use the thin gauge standard rear bumpers to hang anything off them and certainly not a spare wheel or a rack full of bikes .

just my 2c

Reactions: MDS69