Tool box for front of expand

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
hi jasa, love your front storage box with all the doors, still access when bed folded down is great. Is this a custom made box from mw tool box or a standard one? I was wondering roughly how much $$ it set you back??? I have now realized I should of got extended draw bar but have to live with what I have got. thanks, Barney.

Dog House

Apr 16, 2013
Hi @Big Al here's ours. I didn't get the extended draw bar (big mistake!!) so had to make do with this set up

View attachment 18978 View attachment 18979 View attachment 18980 View attachment 18981

I am very happy with it though. It does what I need it to do...and that was to carry a generator and chainsaw

Nice Box James - thanks for including the Measurements - great idea & no point re inventing something someone else has done successfully.

Have you any hindsight in what you have, any thing you think you would do next time... ??I think I would like one powder coated black to match the trailer - no idea on cost though ..

Hand spot for things like leveller ramps, socket/ screw driver sets, axe etc.... don't have a Gennie - generally use solar...

cheers
Andrew

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au

Jason18576

Jul 14, 2013
Tivol,Ipswich,QLD
S&P the tool box is a MW toolbox it is 1800 long at the back then come in 300 then it tapers to 1200 at the front
630 at the back tapers down to 570 front,
The drawbar is about 1450 from front of van to the tow ball
And the hitch is a MCHITCH the best hitch i have had

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
you guys are just giving me work.....
thanks for all the great Ideas
love the look of some of the Front Box ideas, just need to work out what I need - and what I want
then see how good I am at fabricating it.....

mmmmmmm

cheers

Reactions: Big Al

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Nice Box James - thanks for including the Measurements - great idea & no point re inventing something someone else has done successfully.

Have you any hindsight in what you have, any thing you think you would do next time... ??I think I would like one powder coated black to match the trailer - no idea on cost though ..

Hand spot for things like leveller ramps, socket/ screw driver sets, axe etc.... don't have a Gennie - generally use solar...

cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Nothing I can think of other than get the extended drawbar...but that's something I shoulda thought about long before the toolbox!!
I asked about powdercoating, I think she said it would be about an extra $600-800 for my box!!
I have thought about brackets and the like for shovels etc. but I would have to drill & rivet through the box and I'm not keen to do that.

Cheers James

Reactions: Dog House

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
hi jasa, love your front storage box with all the doors, still access when bed folded down is great. Is this a custom made box from mw tool box or a standard one? I was wondering roughly how much $$ it set you back??? I have now realized I should of got extended draw bar but have to live with what I have got. thanks, Barney.

Thanks @barney120 the box cost about $800 and yes its a custom box I brought through MW Toolbox Centre in Dandenong Vic.
Yep...I shoulda got the extended drawbar too!!!! Next time :D

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.

cheers
Andrew

Actually Andrew there is one thing I would do differently and I probably will do myself oneday...that is to have the gas bottles a little closer together so I had a little more room on the sides when the bed end is down. But remeber you need to be able to reach the gas bottle valve from the ends, otherwise you will have to put the bed end up if you want to turn them on or off. I'm not sure if you can see it in my box, but I also had the regulator relocated closer to one end so that I can turn on or change bottles with the end down...

Reactions: Dog House

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Thanks @barney120 the box cost about $800 and yes its a custom box I brought through MW Toolbox Centre in Dandenong Vic.
Yep...I shoulda got the extended drawbar too!!!! Next time :D
thanks jasa, I have been trying to work out the name on the badge to see who made it, thought it was mw toolbox. I wonder if they kept the dimensions in their files and if I rang them up , would they know what toolbox I was talking about????? I think I will give it a go because without the extended drawbar, this box would suit me perfectly. Thanks, Barney

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
thanks jasa, I have been trying to work out the name on the badge to see who made it, thought it was mw toolbox. I wonder if they kept the dimensions in their files and if I rang them up , would they know what toolbox I was talking about????? I think I will give it a go because without the extended drawbar, this box would suit me perfectly. Thanks, Barney

@barney120 I have my dimensions somewhere I'll try find it for you. There are two MW's in Dandenong, the one I went to was at 32 lonsdale street dandenong. I think I've posted it on this forum somewhere too

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
@barney120 sorry mate...the dimensions to mine are on the previous page to this actual thread!!!! The heat must be getting to me. It only shows the dimensions though. I'll see if I can find the piece of paper that might have some more details etc.

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
@barney120 sorry mate...the dimensions to mine are on the previous page to this actual thread!!!! The heat must be getting to me. It only shows the dimensions though. I'll see if I can find the piece of paper that might have some more details etc.
thanks mate, I think I have seen them somewhere but being new to the forum, it seems to take me ages to try and go back to find something I like.......and there is plenty of mods I like. Barney

Reactions: JASA

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Here's another tool box option with drawers 1900 x 500 x 510mm.

Ligedy's 17.56-2 OB

I have the extended draw bar so no issues with hitting at 1900mm wide.

Pros - love the drawers, very easy to get at gear from when setup. don't need to lean over draw bar or tilt up bend end to get at things. After the baby Q is removed and camp setup, the draw is used for storing scooters and toys given it is easily accessible.

Cons - drawers add a little extra weight and reduces available storage capacity. Lid not needed as I don't used it (would have been better off without the lid to gain the extra 50-60mm in available storage height). Biggest box I could fit... means I tend to fill it adding to the tow ball weight...

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Here's another tool box option with drawers 1900 x 500 x 510mm.

Ligedy's 17.56-2 OB

I have the extended draw bar so no issues with hitting at 1900mm wide.

Pros - love the drawers, very easy to get at gear from when setup. don't need to lean over draw bar or tilt up bend end to get at things. After the baby Q is removed and camp setup, the draw is used for storing scooters and toys given it is easily accessible.

Cons - drawers add a little extra weight and reduces available storage capacity. Lid not needed as I don't used it (would have been better off without the lid to gain the extra 50-60mm in available storage height). Biggest box I could fit... means I tend to fill it adding to the tow ball weight...
Unfortunately Ligedy, I didnt read this forum before I ordered van so I didn't get extended drawbar. Really kicking myself now but it is what it is. Barney

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi JASA,
The toolbox looks great... Can I please ask how much did it cost? and also who did the gas connection for you?
Still no issues with the tight turns? :)

Thanks.