Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
image.jpg
Yum!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Barbecuing is not cooking it is an art.:fencing:

Wood fire, steel plate and camp oven Now Thats Art, I used to excell at that years back, cooking bread,scones some great Ox Tail or Kangaroo stews, then I discovered the Bowling Club, sit back cold beer, no flies they may even cook your fish for you and no washing up .

Sitting around a weber chatting while the wives natter to themselves is very latte...................:fish2:........:biggrin:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Washing up ????. I couldnt tell Mrs Crusty i floaded the van mucking with the washing machine. Didnt want her to work out i can use one

Although, thinking out loud, flooding the van is confirmation i cant be trusted with a washing machine. Brilliant

Reactions: dagree

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Washing up ????. I couldnt tell Mrs Crusty i floaded the van mucking with the washing machine. Didnt want her to work out i can use one

Although, thinking out loud, flooding the van is confirmation i cant be trusted with a washing machine. Brilliant
Typical!

Reactions: bigcol

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh

Well played sir... well played indeed.

I do most of the washing up in our joint. It's either that or trying to get the kids into their PJs which I liken to trying to put a rubber glove on an octopus.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Weekend away in Heathcote/Eppalock planned and booked for this weekend. Heading up for MOPAR Nationals, a day my brother is hosting. Should still be able to squeeze in a fire, maybe a fish and something of some description in the weber! :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
M
Weekend away in Heathcote/Eppalock planned and booked for this weekend. Heading up for MOPAR Nationals, a day my brother is hosting. Should still be able to squeeze in a fire, maybe a fish and something of some description in the weber! :)
MOPAR ?

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK back from Eppalock... As always I'll review the Park itself in a dedicated thread...

Another great weekend where we reaffirm that we made the right decision to get the van. A short trip up to the Lake Eppalock Caravan Park... Rather than words, LET'S HAVE THE PICS!

It wasn't exactly crowded... but this was the set up. First run with the Weber too. Note to self... get table for Weber.
DSC_0722.JPG

A few of the landscape shots standing no more than a few metres from our site. It really was a ripper joint when you have it to yourself...
DSC_0727.JPG DSC_0728.JPG DSC_0738.JPG

As always, love a good fire to sit and have a beer around. Just about my favourite thing to do... And once the kids were asleep, mucking around just a little... :)
IMG_1454.JPG DSC_0765.JPG DSC_0748.JPG

Then at the end of the night, I was left with my last beer, my fire and the thoughts in my head. It's lonely up there sometimes...
DSC_0786.JPG

On Sunday it was time to pack up and head off. It was pretty busy though so we thought we better beat the rush....
IMG_1462.JPG

After we drove down the Calder in the rain and wind, we finally get to put the van in it's new resting spot. After so long, plenty of sweat and tears, it was great to see it in its resting spot! I reckon it looks pretty nice.
IMG_1463.JPG

Plenty to learn from this trip, but the focus has turned to the Xmas Holidays where we've now booked back in with Eppalock post Christmas after they had a cancellation and could squeeze us in. Somehow I doubt we'll have it to ourselves...

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Great write up mate.

You know sometimes it is great just to have the beer, fire and thoughts on your head. (Can be scary sometimes lol)

Will have to venture up that way sometime.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great write up mate.

You know sometimes it is great just to have the beer, fire and thoughts on your head. (Can be scary sometimes lol)

Will have to venture up that way sometime.

Thanks mate. As much we bought this van with the focus to go around the country, we're getting a real kick out of planning and thinking about cool little weekends like this. This is the kind of trip that really adds to the value of the van.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Thanks mate. As much we bought this van with the focus to go around the country, we're getting a real kick out of planning and thinking about cool little weekends like this. This is the kind of trip that really adds to the value of the van.

thats what we like to do as well @Smergen 1.5hrs away we have Toodyay, York & Northam
great for those early Friday disappearing acts........

Reactions: dagree and Smergen