The Big Lap

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Was given a 3 disc DVD set for Christmas from the wife and kids called The Big Lap. Essentially it's a 10 episode story of a family of 4 from Melbourne who embarked on an 18 month trip around this brilliant country.

We weren't really sure how well it would be done but it's brilliant!!
We're currently away in QLD with one of the other families that we did our big trip with back in 2010, and we're all enthralled seeing a lot of the places we've been to and places yet to get to.
Their big lap included the most easterly, westerly, northern, southern and highest points on mainland Australia.

I don't know where my wife bought it but she said it took her a while to find it after hearing about it on Facebook.

Here's a link
expeditionaustralia.com.au/thebiglap

Worth a look to either reminisce or plan.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
I have seen this and totally agree with you @Matty4. Steve Baile and his family certainly create a realistic story that many of us can relate to.

The wife and I are looking into taking a year off in the future to do a big lap of our own.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks for the update @Matty4. Like @burnsie, I've seen it linked many times on The Facebook but never clicked buy. I've downloaded a couple of the freebies and subscribe to their mailing list but for some reason I've never taken the plunge.

Sounds like now is the time to get some ideas for our big trip too...