Starcraft Facelift

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ha ha I've seen how they make both and wondered when this was coming. There is no way with labour involved the alloy cladding is cheaper to do than bonding the glass over the frame.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great... just what I needed... Another consideration for the upgrade! :) Looks good though, interested in the 19ft version... Still find it funny as well you can bring out a new model and not update your website...

Reactions: relgate

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Not sure how much weight diff there be. The standard covering is the inner skin/wall, foam then an outer of ply with the alloy on top. The glass one the outer ply is replaced with the vinyl/glass skin. We are only talking the side walls, the front and rear are already composite. I find the alloy great to wash, always shines where as with the expanda if you missed a bit it stuck out like "dogs" the alloy is also easier to repair but probably easier to damage .

I don't think I would have a problem with either, other than no way would I pay another $2-2,500 more to have one over the other. I think they'll run this for a while and get a few wood ducks paying the diff, when that dribbles out theyll make it standard on the SCs and marketing will use it as some great "2016/17 model improvement , $2,500 value free" blah blah

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
I'm of the same opinion as @achjimmy.
I don't mind the smooth look side but I don't like it enough or can't see the advantage to pay an extra $2500.
$2.5k for me buys alot of mods :thumb: