So many different things going wrong

Sunny

Aug 19, 2013
Lake Macquarie
Apologies @Kay for wandering off topic...
Thanks for the heads up re warranty queries guys, will x fingers and see how we go.
As for Kay's initial question relating to the heat beneath the chair, it's not something we have noticed in our van although unsure if our 18.57-6 van layout is similar to yours? Must admit we rarely use our a/c though and any items stored in the lower drawers are normally non perishable or non combustible.
:)

TACA

Feb 15, 2013
Yes very true.

It seems Jayco comes to the party even when many years out of warranty.

Big thumbs up to Jayco for standing behind their product!

They have to, it's law.
Consumer guarantees on product and services (from Fair trading) state:
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
*Safe, lasting, with no faults
*look acceptable
*do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.

I would expect that a $40,000+ van would last longer than 5 years. I would expect minor faults, but not major faults continually found in Jayco's.
I was amazed at how quickly I had things replaced out of warranty when I quoted consumer law.

Oct 12, 2015
Newcastle
Response I got from Jayco for same issue

The warranty is for 12 months only from the date of original purchase when new. Any warranty/goodwill that may be approved outside warranty is for original owners only.

All Jayco warranty repairs get a further 12 months warranty on them. This is well outside any warranty period.

I am sorry Jayco won’t be changing its decision on your van.

don't be rude poor I think

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
We already had our walls replaced and after 2 1/2 years Jayco replaced our vanity. I recon Jayco has our chassis number on a white board in head office with profanities written next to it! Can't complain with Jaycos good will though :)

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Agree with all, we are on our 4th van. We have a great relationship with our dealer, who has no issue with anything I come back to him with.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Any tips on pushing it further...

I've sent examples and cases and he just does not care...
What model was your van? Sorry if you've already said. I'd go down the path of how you are disappointed with his decision and you would expect a van of ? age to not do this. Let him know that you are a member of a public forum (without mentioning the name) and this seems to be a common problem that members have had fixed outside of warranty.
You could also mention that there are a lot of members and prospective buyers eager to hear of your outcome, in a nice kind of way if you know what I mean.
Good luck and let us know how you go mate.

Oct 12, 2015
Newcastle
What model was your van? Sorry if you've already said. I'd go down the path of how you are disappointed with his decision and you would expect a van of ? age to not do this. Let him know that you are a member of a public forum (without mentioning the name) and this seems to be a common problem that members have had fixed outside of warranty.
You could also mention that there are a lot of members and prospective buyers eager to hear of your outcome, in a nice kind of way if you know what I mean.
Good luck and let us know how you go mate.

It's a 2010 Expanda Outback.

I'll type up another email tomorrow and see how we go.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
This Excerpt from the ACCC web site publication
Warranties and refunds a guide for consumers and business

"Second-hand goods

Consumers’ statutory rights apply whether the goods are new, ‘seconds’ or second-hand. Depending on the circumstances, a consumer can expect these goods will meet the statutory conditions and warranties listed in this guide.

For example, a second-hand vacuum cleaner should work without the requirement of any immediate repairs if it has been sold for the purpose of vacuuming (and not spare parts).

Depending on factors like price and age, it may not be reasonable to expect it will last as long, or perform to the same standard as a new one. "

Oct 12, 2015
Newcastle
So after an email to the CEO and him passing it onto another customer service manager my claim has been denied.

Response. below

Following a review with our warranty team I can confirm that you caravan with chassis number MXXX was manufactured on the 17/09/2010 and purchased by the original owner on the 15/10/2010 – the original manufacturer’s warranty expired on the 15/10/2011. I understand from our records the initial contact with Service Manager via Jayco Newcastle was on the 19/01/2016 more than five years from this expiry date and approximately 3-4 months from you purchasing the unit from a private seller.

As per telephone conversation when ABS plastic products break down it is generally from a household type cleaner or similar that has been applied in the past – this also seems to be indicated by the discoloration as seen on the vanity area in your pictures which you confirmed was present at purchase.

I have checked our online warranty system and we cannot find any reference to the shower being repaired by an approved Jayco repairer since manufacture but it may be the case it has been done elsewhere but we do not have this information.

Unfortunately as we do not believe this to be a manufacturing issue we would not consider this under warranty.

O well.

Glad everyone else has had a great experience with Jayco.. Mine must be the exception to the rule lol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Crack in shower wall is either silastic stuff or replace the panel, for yellowing of the basin and plastic a mixture of 40Vol Peroxide made into a paste and applied to the surface and covered in glad wrap to stop from drying, laid in the sun and washed off after a few hours will hopefully turn it back to white. You can get the 40 Vol peroxide from a hairdressers suppliers like Norris.
Have doen small experiment with it but never got to pulling the basin out to do it big time.

Mr Google will find the finer details for you.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Crack in shower wall is either silastic stuff or replace the panel, for yellowing of the basin and plastic a mixture of 40Vol Peroxide made into a paste and applied to the surface and covered in glad wrap to stop from drying, laid in the sun and washed off after a few hours will hopefully turn it back to white. You can get the 40 Vol peroxide from a hairdressers suppliers like Norris.
Have doen small experiment with it but never got to pulling the basin out to do it big time.

Mr Google will find the finer details for you.
Whats your advice for lack of volume, split ends and a root color fade. I have a wedding to attend and want to look my best, and should I wear it up or down