Radio reception

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hi
I'm interested to kow what the radio reception is like with the jayco stereo option, from anyone who has got one. Being a sport follower good clear radio reception is what I am after
And is the radio arial part of the wingeuard TV antenna?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi
I'm interested to kow what the radio reception is like with the jayco stereo option, from anyone who has got one. Being a sport follower good clear radio reception is what I am after
And is the radio arial part of the wingeuard TV antenna?

The antenna for the stereo is on the side of the van and the one for the tv is on the roof so both separate and very different.

Both provide great reception for us personally but it does depend where you are at the time.

There is no difference with the radio antenna compared to say my car one so both very acceptable.

Reactions: xpanda

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
The antenna for the stereo is on the side of the van and the one for the tv is on the roof so both separate and very different.

Both provide great reception for us personally but it does depend where you are at the time.

There is no difference with the radio antenna compared to say my car one so both very acceptable.

Thanks expanda

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
Hi Xpanda, I have the new fusion system in mine & the reception is terreble, in fact i have just brought a new airal today to see if that is the problem. I have had the van into sound n motion & they could not find any fault. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Xpanda, I have the new fusion system in mine & the reception is terreble, in fact i have just brought a new airal today to see if that is the problem. I have had the van into sound n motion & they could not find any fault. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

That's a bummer what aerial do you have the pull out model or the white flexy one?

Reactions: Watto

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
I have the white rubber duck, i spoke to a radio expert today & he seems to think it maybe a faulty aerial, Sound n motion did not check this so i am hoping it will fix the problem.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
I have the white rubber duck, i spoke to a radio expert today & he seems to think it maybe a faulty aerial, Sound n motion did not check this so i am hoping it will fix the problem.

Thanks for the info Clynto.
By the way , what are the specs on the 'fusion' system? The system I saw was a pioneer am fm cd with ipod conn

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
I beleive it was about $1500 - $2000 installed with full media to tv, internal external speakers etc i did a deal when i brought the van
& the final straw was for him to through in the system & the deal was done.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
I beleive it was about $1500 - $2000 installed with full media to tv, internal external speakers etc i did a deal when i brought the van
& the final straw was for him to through in the system & the deal was done.

so the system was through Jayco?

Sterlo1

Aug 27, 2012
Narellan Vale, NSW
We have the Pioneer system. It's very good until any LED lights are turned on. Then static overcomes the radio stations. Both AM & FM are affected. Would love to hear of a solution.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
We have the Pioneer system. It's very good until any LED lights are turned on. Then static overcomes the radio stations. Both AM & FM are affected. Would love to hear of a solution.

Thanks Sterlo, and that is what we found, static with our plug in radio when our single led light was turned on. I'd be bery interested in the solution also

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
Hi xpanda, yes it was an option through Jayco, apparently it was new when I got my van about 8 months ago. It is an up grade from the pioneer system. I had the pioneer in my last Jayco and had problems with it so I wanted something different. It is operated either manually, via remote or you can download an app and control it with your phone. A great system but costly

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hi xpanda, yes it was an option through Jayco, apparently it was new when I got my van about 8 months ago. It is an up grade from the pioneer system. I had the pioneer in my last Jayco and had problems with it so I wanted something different. It is operated either manually, via remote or you can download an app and control it with your phone. A great system but costly

Thanks Clynto, did you have any static issues with Led lights interference