Patiently waiting for our new expanda

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
Hi Everyone

Hubby and I, with our 2 teenage sons, bought a Jayco Outback Swan almost a year ago. We went camping 4 times, and all 4 times we had the wonderful QLD rain thundering down on us. Our beds got wet, and we didn't enjoy opening it up and down in pouring rain. During the April Easter break, we went camping in Coolum, and fell in love with our neighbours Expanda 14.44.4.

Never thought we would trade in our brand new Swan, but we decided to take the plunge and ordered our new Jacyo Expanda just before the Brisbane camping and caravan show. We were lucky to get a few show specials added to our van, and now we are counting down the days till our new van will be delivered. Our due date is the end of August, and we cannot wait.

This a a fantastic forum, so glad we found it, and have been doing lots of reading on the Expandas. We decided to have waterproof bed ends made, to prevent our bed from getting wet when we go camping, and we are sure it will be raining again when we pack our van. At least we now know what to do when there is another drought in South East QLD, we will pack our van and head out ....

Reactions: crackacoldie

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi @nnie
I found this forum by accidient and really glad I did, sometimes we just go down to Cotton Tree or Coolum just for giggles its only around $32 per night and we can go out for dinner and some drinks without the $80+ cab fare home,. We picked ours up in Townsville during the second floods in February, got stuck for a few days waiting for the Mary to go down again. During all of this not a drop of water anywhere, we to have water proof bed ends but haven't bothered with them yet. Enjoy your new toy.

cheers
Dave

Reactions: @nnie and Antman

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome @nnie. Glad you've discovered us. We were completely contented with our Flamingo OB, UNTIL we saw our Exanda! You've not got long to wait now and I sure you'll have many enjoyable years of vanning ahead of you. Like Dave, you really don't need an excuse to head off for a few days. You can still mark school work in a CP or a nice free camp spot.:smile-34:

Reactions: @nnie

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day @@nnie, and welcome. :welcome: Glad you found the forum as well as a new Expanda (another 14' also ;)). Not too long till pickup, be sure to post some pics when it arrives and don't for get to vote in our thread for van size and where you are from.

Size poll here & where you are from here.

Enjoy the forum and your new van.

Last edited:

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
G'day @@nnie, you will love the move to the expanda,they are a great way to travel. I look forward to seeing some photos and reading your trip reports.

:tea: Cracka

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi @nnie, welcome from us as well, lots of help and fun in here. The wait is a killer, and good to have another Qlder as well.
Look forward to hearing about your new addition when it arrives and all of the adventures.

HM

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Welcome bet you cant wait not to long now make sure you put pic on when you get it you will love it.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi @@nnie

Welcome!
We are also waiting on our 14.44-4. Arrive at Bne Camperland on Thursday, can't wait to pick it up next Friday!

Read through here, there are lots of great ideas to be found.

BJ

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi @nnie, Welcome. We too are new to the forum and have learnt so much, got heaps of great ideas, found links for allsorts of stuff and even read some funny jokes :highly_amused: too.
Cheers, Sharon

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
Hi Everyone

Thank you for the warm :welcome:. Great to be on such a helpful, friendly forum. Bmhdg76, I see we are from the same neighbourhood. You must be counting down the days to pick up your van.

One thing we added to our van is the hot water system and shower. For the other extras I would have to ask hubby, he is the technical guy, I'm just the one who enjoys all the luxuries. :cheer2:

Will definitely post some pictures!

chartrock, the polls are done. :)

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi Everyone

Thank you for the warm :welcome:. Great to be on such a helpful, friendly forum. Bmhdg76, I see we are from the same neighbourhood. You must be counting down the days to pick up your van.

One thing we added to our van is the hot water system and shower. For the other extras I would have to ask hubby, he is the technical guy, I'm just the one who enjoys all the luxuries. :cheer2:

Will definitely post some pictures!

chartrock, the polls are done. :)
Yep. Only 4 sleeps to go! Just like a kid at Christmas time waiting for Santa!

BJ

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Welcome @nnie to the forum. I too was pretty happy when i first found it. There is a wealth of information on here and everyone is just too happy and help you out with any questions or concerns you might have about your van. I was completely new to caravanning when we bought our van this time last year but this site has certainly helped me out.

Can't wait to see some pics of your van and setup and also trips away!

In the mean time, use the site to start a list of mods for your newly purchased van. :bounce:

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
Have been able to get our list of what's added to our Expanda. Here goes:

Air con - Heron 2.2 mounted inside because of height restrictions
Large fridge
Gas bayonet fitting to rear
Lifestyle package (show special included) - 18" TV and ext mounted antenna
Portable Solar
Extra gas bottle
External shower and hot water system
Annex from "Not just canvas" and they will also be making waterproof bed ends for our bed

We have also included a Caravan Mover including a dual Jockey wheel (due to our inexperience we've decided to go for this, as we have a very narrow space where we would have to squeeze in our van)

And that's the list. Luckily we have all the other "stuff" for the inside, did a lot of shopping for when we bought the Swan, now we don't need to buy anything. Will just have to stock up the pantry again.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi @@nnie,

What date you due to pick your expanda up? Reason I ask is am interested in the bed end flys. So would be keen to see a pic. I can't find anything on their website to show them.

I am pretty much settled on the Holiday Annexes, but like to keep my options open. Only consideration would be that Holiday Annexes bloke has said he will come to our home to install at no extra cost and we are going away in September so don't have much time to organise it all.

BJ.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi @Bmhdg76

We got the Holiday Annex guy to come out (Hans I think) and do our Install on our 14.44-4.

I have attached a photo from the other weekend of what it looks like.

IMG_0602.JPG

Duncan