New model Jayco Expanda 18.58.1 & 2 Pop Top

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hey guys, anyone in Brisbane gone to the show and have pictures of the new 18.58.1, 18.58.1 cafe and 18.58.2???
Here is pic off Facebook that shows the layouts, I'd love to see some pics of the inside if anyone has any.

Az

18.58.1.jpg

Reactions: 17triton and bigcol

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@Soaring I just signed off on a new 17.56.1 OB and I'm getting on the phone to Page Bros first thing in the morning! We have always said the only thing that the 17.56 was missing was a club lounge.
There looks likes there is a lot more storage and cupboard space, the full size fridge and things like pullout pantries that I was going to fit once I got the 17.56 are all pluses.

Az

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
not sure I want the fridge next to my ear while I sleep, although there is a lot of space in that kitchen?
Weird they drop the fullsize 18" and replace with a pop top. Sarah's sold on a club lounge now although no ensuite or combo on that version.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Love to see some photos of the club lounge version. Anyone have some?
Yeah I've been asking the same thing, but I think they have rushed out the shower/toilet model for the show and haven't finished the other models yet.
I have a contact at Jayco that I am calling first thing in the morning to see if they have one anywhere.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thank you very much @AzHaych ... Just showed Mrs Dagree and she wants to upgrade already!!!!!!!!
Told her "Yeah no probs dear..... Just go out there and get a job as I will now have to upgrade the Prado at the same time".... Damn it nearly worked (The OK to upgrade the Prado bit that is 8-) )

Reactions: Smirke and burnsie

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Glad to be of service @dagree I am in a real predicament because I have just signed off on a new 17.56.1 that is due end of July. The reason I ended up signing up for the new van was a conversation I had with a senior Jayco person at the Melbourne Show. I was telling him the only thing missing from a 17.56 was a club lounge!
I have had Grant from Page Bros madly on the phone and email today trying to get confirmation that the model is actually going ahead. Because in typical Jayco factory fashion Page Bros didn't find out about the model until the Facebook post on Saturday.
We definitely want one of these I just need to know the price.

Az

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Sounds typical of Jayco passing on info to their dealers @AzHaych .... I think I knew more about the canvas bed end covers when they came out than our only WA dealer (No fault of theirs). Both the service advisor and myself learnt more about them from this forum o_O

Reactions: Nagga's and AzHaych

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Not a fan of the club lounge. For a van that sleeps 6, there is enough room at the table for a max of 3 people!
Granted we rarely use the table in my 17.56, but there has been the occasional cold night or early morning breakfast when the five of us have used the table for a meal.
Actually the table size, and the offset length on the pre 2015 17.56 was one of the things that particularly stood out for us.

Last edited:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks for all the updates @AzHaych, love your work.

Interesting... no plans for a full height van? The 18ftrs with a triple bunk were on our list of potential upgrades until we realised they didn't make them anymore... Maybe a return in the future?