MELBOURNE CARAVAN CAMPING SHOW 2015

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
well done and congrats @Mark8 hope you got a good deal.. Was pretty quiet there today so should of been able to push them :)

@AndrewC the Vortex I saw there was not a bunk van they had one called a Cosmos?
Interesting layout drop down double and triple bunk.. I actually like it.

Attachments

• IMG_7585_2.JPG
    IMG_7585_2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_7586.JPG
    IMG_7586.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 297

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria

Attachments

• IMG_7575.jpg
    IMG_7575.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 450

Mark8

Jan 4, 2015
Geelong
not sure of wait, we didn't want ours until October so that's not problem for the factory. Now I am madly researching stuff online to add to it. Like a kid in a candy store :)

Reactions: 17triton

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Cruza it depends on who you ask :) We brought a 17" as that was going to be as big as we could fit.. I then moved the gate a lot further forward so now maybe get something bigger. We both would not mind a island queen bed as the double gets squishy. There was a Starcraft 22.68-1 which just sold with 4 bunks and no ensuite which sparked our interest. I prefer a ensuite although Sarah would prefer two double bunks. Problem I find with triple bunk vans is the kids cannot sit up in them to play. 4 kids not easy unless we chuck them on a double and have them not sleep :)
now davemc I say this with all due respect 4 kids have u had one of those special operations to stop the kids coming ???? get the wife to drive have a van for the kids and a van for u ????????

Reactions: Macca666

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Bluey.. umm yes well maybe went to see a doc about something.. so 4 should be unless they can jump the shark.
We saw a Starcraft for sale which sold had 4 bunks.. Only Toy haulers had 4 bunks today although a lot of places said if I can half draw it they build it.. Although had Spinal Tap thoughts of mini caravan Stonehenge..

@cruza driver We back Monday for another look see if anyone want more pics.. Although will have twins so be a quick trip..
the 17 and 19" Mantra Ray I have my eye on.. Also the Nova seems great value for $. $42k not bad new van

Both Sarah and I interested in a island bed. I like a full van and a loo.. Sarah does not want smell inside van.
Although problem with triple bunks is the kids can sit on the two we have in the 17-58, I think I will need to post them into the triple bunk 50cm high only.... The 19" Mantra Ray bunk has a area in front of bunk 60x1150.. Whats about the same size as our small bunk.. so thinking Trundle..
MR19BC-Masterplan_colour.gif

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Decisions decisions mate :playball: Go the ensuite if possible my opinion only but it really isn't a luxury as such but pretty much a standard affair these days.

Maybe stay somewhere with terrible ammenities that may change her mind :painkiller:

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Bluey.. umm yes well maybe went to see a doc about something.. so 4 should be unless they can jump the shark.
We saw a Starcraft for sale which sold had 4 bunks.. Only Toy haulers had 4 bunks today although a lot of places said if I can half draw it they build it.. Although had Spinal Tap thoughts of mini caravan Stonehenge..

@cruza driver We back Monday for another look see if anyone want more pics.. Although will have twins so be a quick trip..
the 17 and 19" Mantra Ray I have my eye on.. Also the Nova seems great value for $. $42k not bad new van

Both Sarah and I interested in a island bed. I like a full van and a loo.. Sarah does not want smell inside van.
Although problem with triple bunks is the kids can sit on the two we have in the 17-58, I think I will need to post them into the triple bunk 50cm high only.... The 19" Mantra Ray bunk has a area in front of bunk 60x1150.. Whats about the same size as our small bunk.. so thinking Trundle..
MR19BC-Masterplan_colour.gif
@Smergen yes and a basestation :)
Did not take inside pics only prices :)

What time you getting there... There is some free parking around I'll PM you :) As we want a free one as well :)
yes dave where did u park or is there parking at Flemington like the show and an ensuite is better for resale maybe ours never stinks its great when raining at night or day

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok @Bluey I tell the internet :) the side street (Leonard Cres ) its no parking sep-nov.. as its Feb it is ok :) most people kept driving past to the $15 parking which is on the same street. Dead quiet today at the show.. A lot of people grumbling about paying for ticket and parking where Caulfield you only pay admission.

Reactions: Expanda12

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Park at the ascot vale leisure Centre we parked Thursday for free the lack of trains directly to the showgrounds except weekends and possibly paying for parking is wrong don't know if we will go next year
but bought free camps 8 and ties for the waeco fridge and some 12v leads for running the foxtel checked out the 24 and 25 ft silverline, not sure about the mixed colour scheme in the cream Laminex vs wood interior glad we bought last year , 7kg washing machine dryer combo is now only a 3 kg washer and other little things.

Reactions: Crusty181

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nice work on the photo @davemc including the other brands :thumb:

Geez those Expanda 17's are getting heavy 2100kg tare, my big beast only weighs that.

We originally were going with Crusader (Family Getabout) did work out a bit dear but awesome service from the Melbourne dealer/factory. (wont say anything about dealer up here).
They didn't release the Musketeer (their budget range) till August last year at the Albury show, they didn't have the bunk layout then.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
2100kg I hope that's the outback. Any idea what the onroad one is? Anyone that can put a pic of the onroad 17 with bed end canvas out would be great. Couldn't make it to caravan show this year.