Let the adventures begin

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
What model are you getting @Bazvan ?
Guessing we'll find out after the pics are posted along with the smiling faces!!!!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome to the forum @Bazvan
lots of nice people with great knowledge on here

soooooooooooooooo

tell us about yourself?
wife, 8 kids, 4 dogs and a rabbit???
towing your new van with a Lada Niva?

just kidding, if you tell us about yourselves, and what trips you have done etc, it helps us all out
oh

and Piccies

WE LOVE PICCIES

Bazvan

Nov 4, 2015
Mt Evelyn
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for the welcome!

A wife,2 kids 10 yrs and 6 yrs, a dog and a budgie!!

Love fishing and have spent many su

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
me personally...............
with where I drive...........

tis a necessity
Steel with a winch & Dyneema rope (about 1/3 the weight of steel cable and 1.5 times stronger - if you look after it)

depends on where you go
where you are planning to go
what you intend to do with the Triton

if you want it to just help protect the front of the car, and hang spot lights and an aerial - go Aluminum - less weight, etc

if you intend on being self sufficient - and off road a bit

I would always balance the weight of the Steel bar against the weight advantages of an Ali bar

Reactions: The Goodwins

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok I do have a question
Want a bullbar installed for the truck
is it wise or a waste of coin
Bullbars look very cool, but if you don't have a need for it, its 70kg plus of weight you could better use elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum, and great choice of Expanda. Have you van'ed before or are you virgin vanners. That matters when the hords on are planning how much of your money they be spending for you on what "necessities" youll be "needing"

Your just in time to book Beaufort for next weekend and combine a pleasant weekend with some of the finest folk youll meet along with Expanda Group members too, and a nice shake down cruise for you guys. There will be a fire, kids, (hopefully not together) and possibly the biggest marshmallows you've ever seen.

Ill start the ball rolling. You may find you need to poo poo the antenna blade and retrofit a Winegard snowflake antenna to the mast. Very easy job and if you bought the van from Baywater Jayco go and bounce them to provide it cheap ..... or free.

Plus if you come to Beaufort Ill buy some slightly less exciting laces for those runners :p

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome, welcome,welcome, yatta,yatta............looks like you'll be able to have heaps of fun for sure, as for the bull bar unless your expecting to bounce a few Roo's regularly ,No they are a lot of coin which could be utilized elsewhere better off looking for a nudge bar to hang some lights on and the one's for the Triton look good and can take out Roo's on the upright if you do it right, lighter as well. I fitted one to my Jeep and it did a good job. As Crusty181 said about the TV a snowflake is a better unit but I have found the old style to be okay but you need to swing the thing vertical to get reception at some places which can be a hassle.........

Reactions: bigcol

Bazvan

Nov 4, 2015
Mt Evelyn
Bullbars look very cool, but if you don't have a need for it, its 70kg plus of weight you could better use elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum, and great choice of Expanda. Have you van'ed before or are you virgin vanners. That matters when the hords on are planning how much of your money they be spending for you on what "necessities" youll be "needing"

Your just in time to book Beaufort for next weekend and combine a pleasant weekend with some of the finest folk youll meet along with Expanda Group members too, and a nice shake down cruise for you guys. There will be a fire, kids, (hopefully not together) and possibly the biggest marshmallows you've ever seen.

Ill start the ball rolling. You may find you need to poo poo the antenna blade and retrofit a Winegard snowflake antenna to the mast. Very easy job and if you bought the van from Baywater Jayco go and bounce them to provide it cheap ..... or free.

Plus if you come to Beaufort Ill buy some slightly less exciting laces for those runners :p
Thank yo u for the feed back. first time vanners