Last trip

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Still waiting for some one to start a thread so here goes, this is the last picture of my DL1000 before I crashed it and wrote it off, still miss it and the previous bikes but all behind me now :-(
IMG_1576.jpg

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Still waiting for some one to start a thread so here goes, this is the last picture of my DL1000 before I crashed it and wrote it off, still miss it and the previous bikes but all behind me now :-(View attachment 48704
My bike has been sitting unridden in the yard for 2 years now.

I think it's time to sell it, as it hurts too much when I fall off these days.

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Saw this empty thread and thought there was no interest!

Don't do it @Bellbirdweb , you'll miss it! Sold my last bike when we couldn't afford it anymore (damn babies!). Picked up a second hand one through family a year ago and couldn't be happier! Mainly used for commuting, but gets the occasional weekend run. Pic of the return leg from Phillip Island below. Mine's the blue FZ1S

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
Reactions: DRW

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney

Don't do it @Bellbirdweb , you'll miss it! Sold my last bike when we couldn't afford it anymore (damn babies!). Picked up a second hand one through family a year ago and couldn't be happier! Mainly used for commuting, but gets the occasional weekend run. Pic of the return leg from Phillip Island below. Mine's the blue FZ1S
Been there, had bike when I was single, then sold them to help buying the house, then bought them again when he kids were old enough to ride with me.

Now they have moved on and I'm spending my free time in the Expanda.

Stewscl07

Mar 29, 2017
Engadine
Late joiner to forum and saw the bike section, mmm should I post or not!!!! Still have my GPZ900r in the garage that I bought new in 1985. Slight miss hap with a piece of metal on the road a few years ago. I'm now restoring back to health miss the open road. Once back on the road intend to burn some rubber. (In between Expanda touring.) Pic of 2 really good mates on one of our many rides, sadly both not here anymore.

Attachments

• these 001.jpg
    these 001.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 147
Reactions: achjimmy

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic

Didn't read your last line properly,
I had am FZ1 new in 2001 awesome bit of gear, not sure how long I'd keep my licence with 100 plus kph wheel stands,

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
After 12 years they won't be tyres they will be rocks.
Ive looked after the bike tyres with an ample helping of apathy, indifference and complete disrespect .... theyll be fine. There are some soft members on here (@mfexpanda for exampe) who might be happy with soft tyres, but like my tyres they need to harden up a bit.

Funny story speaking bout tyres, I was at the farm friggin about on the dirt bikes with my brother, trying very very hard to badly hurt myself. Sitting around the fire with the bike propped up on a milk crate I found my brother with a utility blade (Stanley knife for all you brand bitches) re-shaping the worn knobs on his bike tyre .... he spent a couple of hours "re-birthing" the rear tyre and to my absolute amazement it worked a treat and he got another season out of it. Still cant ride for $hit, but when I have the GoPro his lack of skill is more than compensated by spades of entertainment his provides

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Started riding in 1971, parked my last bike in the shed in about 2003, grand plan to strip down the spare motor and bike, do a resto on it , retirement arrived 10 yrs later, looked at tool Box, looked at Expanda........................sold house, bike moved to beach........................miss bike, horses and catching fish but wallet is happier.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I used to beong to a proper bike club in the 70's, we had meetings Tuesday nights and us hardened ones (read those without cars) used to ride to then in any weather, my best mate had a TT500 with a brand new set of knobbies parked out the front, my flat mate came in and said "hey jed nice new tyres you've got" and threw him one of his knobs he cut off on the way in :biggrin-26: