Old & Moved It's up for sale

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We bit the bullet and decided to put the 14 footer up for sale. Our new Journey does not appear until end of October / early November and we planned to sell this one after the trip to Camerons Corner. But we figured we had best put it up early and see what happens, if it sells then maybe we make other arrangements for CC and if it doesn't the CC here we come.

Rather than put all the info on here (it took me a couple of hours to put the ad together) I'll just post the link to Gumtree here. Lazy sod aren't I? :sleeping:

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Fixed....

Good luck with the sale!

________

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maud...da-14-44-3-outback-pop-top-caravan/1054941888

$32,000 and 12 months rego. 4-11-15
2010 Jayco Expanda 14-44-3 Outback Pop Top Caravan. One owner since new and is in excellent condition inside and out. We are non smokers with no pets

This van is no longer on the Jayco list but is one of the best small van layouts with extensive bench space and storage with its front kitchen. The bed extends out to the rear instead of the front as on current models allowing a large front boot, & with a combined shower and toilet, the space is great for two people.

The van has been regularly serviced, last time in February this year by Jayco agents and is registered to end October 2014. NOW WITH 12 MONTHS QLD REGO TILL 4-11-15. It is stored under cover when not in use.

Standard on Outback 14-44-3 (Hard lid model)

Awning
Heron Air Conditioner
Shower/Toilet
2 x 82 L water tanks with separate fillers
Cold tap on A frame
12 V water pump and hand pump
Hot Water System
2 x 9 Kg gas bottles
1 x jerry can holder
Front Boot
3 way 90 L fridge
Heavier springs fitted with shock absorbers
Alko drop down jacks
New off road tyres on Mag wheels

Additions and Modifications

50 x 100 RHS bumper fitted to rear
Spare wheel fitted to rear bumper on drop down bracket and with vinyl cover
Stone guard to A frame
PVC pole carrier under rear
100 x 230 mm Aluminiun box for anti-flap poles
Wiring protected by fitting connections in steel box
Anderson plugs for fridge and battery and rewired with heavier duty wiring
Heavy duty gas struts on roof
Extra window opposite door
External shower (hot and cold)
Dual filter system under sink with its own tap
Mesh privacy screen on bed plus canvas waterproof bed screen
Full Australia Wide annexe with Aussie Traveller de-flappers and centre support strut
Lights changed to LED’s
Light fitted above table
Reading lamp fitted above bed
TV mount above bench and includes 12v 16” TV
External motorised TV antenna
Carpet throughout (removable)
12V socket above fridge
2 x 12V exhaust fans for venting fridge air space
100 AH AGM battery
Shelves in wardrobe
Basket drawer in cupboard
Egg crate mattress topper
Underneath painted with bitumen paint and dust sealed where needed
Tow coupling lifted 50mm

Last edited by a moderator:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
CR whats going on ??????
BP, we purchased a new Journey 17-55-9 at the Brissie caravan show but kept quiet till recently. We figured it is more important to sell before delivery of the newbie than to have a van for the corner trip. We still want to get there somehow but it is now in the lap of the gods., maybe tent it.. :D

Reactions: BUSH PALACE

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Ad went on to Gumtree at 1:30 today, at 2:50 I had my first scam message from a mrjoisonline with PLS EMAIL ONLY (his caps). Time wasting mongrels.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Ad went on to Gumtree at 1:30 today, at 2:50 I had my first scam message from a mrjoisonline with PLS EMAIL ONLY (his caps). Time wasting mongrels.
I was thinking of stronger language Chartrock!!
Hope you still get to the Corner, but good luck/best wishes for the sale of your van!
Bill

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Murphy strikes again. >:( The day before we left for Cameron Corner somebody phone from Gladstone. They were coming down to the Gold Coast and would like to see the van. Told him were off for two weeks and he said no worries, he would get in touch when we got back. Never heard from him again. :(

Tomorrow we leave for 10 days in Cairns to meet my new granddaughter and last night I get an answer to the ad from someone in northern NSW wanting to know when they can see the van. I told him after the 3rd December and he has told me he will stay in touch and contact me when we get back. :flypig: :flypig::flypig: I'll wait and see.

Reactions: bigcol