17' Series Is there a magic wave ?

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
So we've noticed since we joined the caravan club that every other caravan that goes past in the opposite direction waves, is there a secret expandas downunder wave or will I forever be left wondering if each one we pass is a member of this forum.

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your not alone, I often wonder "Are they or aren't they ??" What is needed is a big "X" sticker that we have on the front, say in orange an X with the rounded ends sort of thing, then we would know for sure. I'll look for a pic to show if I can.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I try to wave sometimes and when I do quite often I don't get the return wave and sometimes when they do wave, I'm coming up to a bend and there is a semi behind them and I have white knuckles. I like the secret expandas wave idea.

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Everyone has waved to us so far we laughed our heads off the first few times now I'm sitting here trying to think of a magic wave haha

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Actually since retiring as a truckie, we waved all the time, I still wave at trucks sometimes which causes Mrs D to laugh, I drive a Jeep so we wave now a Expanda......... I'm over bloody waving really.........but still do it...aarrgghh.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I started to wave to other BT's in the area to see what happens............the only time I didn't wave to one they waved back 8-) there is to many to wave to now :)

Last edited:

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I always wave at caravans when I have mine on the back, but I also wave at caravans when I have my big flat top work trailer on , I often wonder with the strange looks I get back if they're thinking " does this guy know he's lost his van body? He's only towing a chassis" . I think we need a competition to come up with the official XDU wave

:wave:

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We had a whole car load furiously waving at us last week across the Hay plain. They all would have been exhausted if they kept that up the whole way :)